Which Foods Are Causing Your Symptoms?
What is the FP Calculator?
The FP Calculator gives you a specific point value and symptom potential (Low, Moderate, High) for each serving of any food or drink. The lower the points, the lower the symptom potential.
FP stands for Fermentation Potential. It’s a mathematical formula created by Dr. Norm. FP measures symptom potential in foods / drinks and is the backbone of the Fast Tract Diet for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), acid reflux, GERD, LPR, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and other SIBO related conditions.
1. From Nutrition Facts found on food labels or online, enter values in Amount Per Serving for:
– Total Carbohydrate
– Dietary Fiber (if present)
– Sugar Alcohol (if present)
Enter zero “0” for any component not present.
2. Use the drop-down to enter the Glycemic Index, which can be found in the Fast Tract Digestion books, Fast Tract Diet app or Mendosa.com and The University of Sydney website. If no glycemic index is available, consider using a value of 50 for a rough estimate.
3. Press “Calculate” button. The calculator will determine the Net Carbs, FP and Symptom Potential (Low, Moderate,High) per serving.