New research shows a definitive cause and effect relationship between methane-positive SIBO (a more correct term would be IAO for Intestinal Archaea Overgrowth, and there is no evidence Archaea overgrowth is limited to the small intestine) and constipation. But there are many other things that can result in constipation. Here are some steps you can take for relief.
7 steps you can take to address constipation:
1. Review listed side effects for any medicines or supplements you are taking as many cause constipation.
2. Increase your overall water intake. You don’t want your body removing water from your stools so stay well hydrated.
3. Make sure you have adequate fat in your diet. Fats increase how fast food moves through the digestive tract.
4. Reduce (not increase) fiber in your diet. Fiber makes constipation worse not better.
7. Try magnesium citrate when constipation occurs.