GERD diet that works without drugs
Online dietary advice for GERD is often characterized by the following statement: “Avoid fatty or fried foods, coffee, tea, alcohol, spicy foods, oranges and other citrus fruits, tomatoes, onions, carbonated beverages … Read more
What Really Causes Acid Reflux and GERD?
About sixty million people in the US report that they suffer from painful symptoms of acid reflux at least once a week. Heartburn, abdominal pain, cough, sour taste in the mouth, sore throat, hoarseness, laryngitis, asthma-like symptoms and sinus irritation are the typical symptoms. Smoking, pregnancy … Read more
What Foods Can Lead to SIBO? Try FP Calculator
Dr. Robillard’s research on the biochemistry of digestion points to a new way of understanding the connection between dietary malabsorption in your small intestine, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and its related conditions. Some SIBO related conditions include acid reflux, GERD … Read more
SIBO Diets and Digestive Health
Since releasing my first book in the Fast Tract Digestion series on Heartburn which linked chronic acid reflux to Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), I have received several inquiries about using the Fast Tract Diet to treat other SIBO-related conditions such as IBS… Read more
Are Antibiotics Safe for Irritable Bowel Syndrome ?
How doctors treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) could change dramatically in the near future. Two years ago, the pharmaceutical company Salix submitted a supplemental new drug application (sNDA) for the treatment for IBS (non-constipation-dependent) with the antibiotic… Read more
Resistant Starch – Friend, Foe or Lover ?
Since my first article on resistant starch (RS), raw unmodified potato starch, or RUMPS as I like to call it, continues to light up the blogosphere. Like a lot of people, I was caught off guard by the overwhelmingly positive light RUMPS has been cast in. Some people have truly fallen in love with this molecule… Read more
- Book Reviews
- Buy Books
- Contact Us
- FP Calculator
- Gut Friendly Recipes
- September 2014 (2)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (3)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (4)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- acid reflux (RSS) (12)
- acid reflux drugs (RSS) (3)
- antibiotics (RSS) (6)
- Asthma (RSS) (3)
- autoimmune diseases (RSS) (1)
- Bacteria (RSS) (9)
- C diff (RSS) (4)
- Celiac Disease (RSS) (1)
- Cholesterol (RSS) (1)
- Colon Cancer (RSS) (2)
- Constipation (RSS) (4)
- Crohns Disease (RSS) (3)
- cystic fibrosis (RSS) (1)
- Diet and Digestive Health (RSS) (38)
- Elemental Diet (RSS) (2)
- Fast Tract Diet (RSS) (10)
- Fecal Transplants (RSS) (3)
- Fiber (RSS) (11)
- FODMAP Diet (RSS) (3)
- Food safety (RSS) (2)
- GERD (RSS) (7)
- gut microbiome (RSS) (2)
- Heartburn (RSS) (6)
- IBS (RSS) (12)
- inflammatory diseases (RSS) (1)
- Laxative (RSS) (3)
- leaky gut (RSS) (1)
- Malabsorption (RSS) (5)
- Obesity (RSS) (1)
- Pain relievers (RSS) (1)
- Paleo Diet (RSS) (4)
- Resistant Starch (RSS) (7)
- rheumatoid arthritis (RSS) (1)
- rosacea (RSS) (1)
- SIBO (RSS) (12)
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet (RSS) (2)
- Ulcerative colitis (RSS) (1)
- GERD diet that works without drugs
- GERD – Why standard treatments are ineffective
- Gas-producing Lactobacillus & Colic
- Is GERD caused by H. pylori & Low Stomach Acid?
- What Really Causes Acid Reflux and GERD?
- What Foods Can Lead to SIBO? Try FP Calculator
- Resistant Starch – Friend, Foe or Lover ?
- Video on digestion in small intestine
- Could IBS be an autoimmune condition?
- What are the risks of Ibuprofen vs. naproxen ?
- New Forum for Diet and Digestive Health
- Crohn’s Disease and Diet
- New study suggests a specific type of gut microbe may cause rheumatoid arthritis.
- Will Fecal Microbiota Transplantation Work for Crohn’s Disease?
- FODMAP Approach vs. Fast Tract Diet – Q & A
- Bacteria-eating viruses kill C diff – An alternative to antibiotics?
- Why So Many People Take PPIs?
- How do you know your food is safe?
- C diff Infection Linked to Heartburn Drugs
- Antibiotics Linked to Celiac Disease
- Could acid reflux drugs cause heart disease?
- Antibiotics, Carbs and Gut Infections
- Did Cavemen Get Heatburn?
- Sh*t happens
- Cyclospora Outbreak Spans Nine States in the US
- Fast Tract Digestion IBS: A Foreword by Dr. Michael Eades
- In response to Jeff Leach’s blog article: “Sorry low carbers, your microbiome is just not that into you”
- Happy 4th of July – “Gut Paleo” Tee Shirt Giveaway!
- Our Germs – What Do We Know About Them?
- Resistant Starch – Friend or Foe?
- Solutions for Constipation
- Bad to Bad – Resistant Starch from Fiber
- New PBS Documentary on Our Gut and Digestion
- Does the type of bacteria in our gut make us obese?
- Fast Tract Digestion IBS – Now Available
- I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter – The Poor State of Nutrition Science.
- Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz’s Esophagitis – Was Toradol the Cause?
- Sweets and Sweeteners – Trick or Treat?
- Cystic Fibrosis and Heartburn – Explained
- Are Antibiotics Safe for Irritable Bowel Syndrome ?
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) Diets – Digestive Health
- The Dark Side of Fiber (Part III of III)
- The Dark Side of Fiber (Part II of III)
- The Dark Side of Fiber (Part I of III)
- Heartburn Asthma Link – Explained
Powered by SiteTree