Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All,
    I’m currently on day 10 of the Fast Tract diet and similarly to others I have noticed more improvements in my symptoms than after years of following SCD, Paleo, Low FODMAP, etc.
    I’m hoping that those who are more familiar with the Fast Tract diet than me can help me out…
    I make my own yogurt, using cream and full fat milk. I use a yogurt starter which contains LACTOBACILLUS BULGARICUS, STREPTOCCUS THERMOPHILUS & LACTOBACILLUS CASEI. However, after reading Fast Tract Digestion IBS (page 68) I see that Norm explains that the later 2 probiotics actually are capable of producing gas. As bloating is my main and most severe complaint do you think I should avoid this particular yogurt starter?
    I rely on my yogurt for its high fat content, so its quite an important part of my diet, but I would scarify it if you think it could be contributing to my symptoms (as I still get some bloating, just not as much as prior to starting this diet). Alternatively, does anyone have a yogurt starter that they can recommend?
    Thanks in advance.
    x
    p.s. this is my first ever post on any kind of blog/forum :-)!!

jan4
    Participant

Hello, I have the same question/situation. My starter has L. Acidophilus, S. Thermophilus and L. Bulgaricus. I eat approx 2 servings per day, each serving about 3/4 cup.

Polly1
    Participant

Jan4,
    What starter do you use?
    I am using the starter by GI Prohealth (which I first came across when I was following the SCD diet, as it specifies that its ‘SCD Legal’).
    I can’t say I notice any difference on those days that I eat yogurt to when I don’t, so personally I don’t think my yogurt makes any difference one way or the other to my symptoms, which still persist (mainly bloating), regardless of being strict with the FP…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.