Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Rosacea, SIBO and Diet Treating Rosacea with antibiotics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Have you tried antibiotics for your rosacea? How well did it work?

AussieNana
    Participant

Antibiotics didn’t work at all. Neither did anything else the doctor prescribed. The worst was a cream that peeled all the skin off my face leaving me burned. It was horrible. Interesting that modifying my diet works and that costs nothing other than the will to do it. No doctor’s fees, no cost of medications and the food isn’t more expensive either.

By the way my rosacea was really bad at one stage with nasty supperating sores for about 5 years, lesser lumps and bumps for another 15. Fine now.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

That must have been terrible having your skin burned by the cream. Yes, it’s funny that diet is turning out to be the lasting solution for so many problems, yet costs nothing since you have to eat anyway.

Jaeme
    Participant

Have had rosacea for over 10 years. Was originally treated with oral antibiotics and topical Metrogel (metronidazole 1% gel). It did work, and after finishing the round of antibiotics 10 years ago, have only been on the gel. It has kept things under control well, until the brand name patent ran out and a generic was available. The generic peeled & burned my face just like you describe.

Investigating this topic here on this forum, I am beginning to connect the dots.

My rosacea appeared after being on Prilosec (after having antibiotics). I did quit Prolosec years ago, but sounds like the damage was done. I have also shunned antibiotics for years except for an acute bronchitis infection from the flu a couple of years ago.

Now I have LPR (symptoms for the last few years, perhaps from those bronchitis antibiotics?).

The LPR diet doctor put me on is very high carb, and now my rosacea is flaring up big time. Sounds like SIBO may be the cause of all of this?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

The strong connection between SIBO and rosacea suggests the Fast Tract Diet will be effective for treating rosacea.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18456568

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.