Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Transitioning from an Elimination Diet (?)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all!

Okay, so, I’ll try to keep this brief…I was diagnosed with GERD by my GP a few months ago, and was told to try Omeprazole, so I did. I continued having some symptoms in my throat that I thought were related, and was then diagnosed by my ENT with LPR after they got really bad. During this time I have also had some severe muscle and joint pain, and I just saw a rheumatologist. The rheumatologist ruled out any autoimmune diseases and is presuming fibromyalgia (though that diagnosis is not “official”).

SO! In an attempt to possibly find things that make one or both of my conditions worse, I started an elimination diet (specifically this one: https://wholelifenutrition.net/books/elimination-diet) as I’d heard it could help with fibromyalgia to cut out gluten, and I had heard that others with LPR had success with cutting out gluten/dairy.

Now I am on day 7, and so far…zero relief. I know it can take a while, and I’m going to stick with it, but in the meantime I have stumbled on the FT diet. This sounds like it might be a much better diet for me to follow, although it may not help with the muscle/joint pain; honestly, my throat and breathing issues from LPR are so bad that it’s far more important to me to fix those (I’ve even been prescribed an inhaler!)

So my question is…does anyone have experience with elimination diets? How long should I try to stick with this before I might try transitioning over to the FT diet? I’m thinking maybe a month to see if things clear up, but I know LPR can take up to a few months to get better. These symptoms are driving me crazy (especially the breathing!) and the sooner I can get some relief, the better…but I also don’t want to ditch one diet for another without giving it a real chance to work.

Thanks for any input!

Maddy
    Participant

I can’t figure out how to delete my post…

I quit the elimination diet and will be starting the FT diet on Monday. So, feel free to ignore this thread 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.