Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Too much Vitamin A ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is anyone experiencing issues with too much Vitamin A? I am having some symptoms such as headache, dry flaky skin, tingling in eyes. Checked this out, and symptoms sound like Vitamin A overdose. With the FT Diet there is a high amount of Vitamin A (leafy greens, red & yellow veggies, animal products). Vitamin A is fat-soluble, so the high fat in the FT Diet facilitates more absorb of Vitamin A, and extra amounts accumulate in the body. I am not taking any multivitamin, so I did not think this would be a problem, but when I started adding up all the Vitamin A amounts per day, it is high especially when trying to eat a lot of leafy greens to keep the cellulose up for some low FP fiber.

Anyone else out there with this issue? Any ideas for modifying the FT Diet for this?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Well that’s a new one. I have never been accused of including too many vegetables in my diet! I can’t imagine you’re getting too much vitamin A on the Fast Tract diet, but keep us up to date on whatever you learn.

Jaeme
    Participant

Thanks Norm – I am going to try to write down the estimated units of Vitamin A daily consumed and see where its at. The plant-based V-A is not supposed to accumulate as much, its the animal-based V-A. But its the heavy greens (kale, collards, chard, beet greens, etc.) that have high amounts, and I have been eating lots of greens with every meal to “keep things moving”. Will let you know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.