Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Time to feel bad bloating?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Norm and everyone, how long does it take from the time of a meal to the fermentation and bloating? In other words, how do I know whether the bloating I’m feeling now is from a little popcorn last night, or yoghurt for breakfast this morning?

ftder
    Participant

This was my issue for 2 years. Confusion. If you had a good baseline with yogurt (which is on the diet in the first two weeks) and presumeably the new food is popcorn, then that would be my best guess. I would go back to baseline, getting your bloating under control, and add one food at a time. Popcorn seems a likely culprit, as it is very fibrous and hard on the GI. My holistic doctor does not recommend popcorn until you have had low/no sx for a long period of time.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Good question 49barefood. Bearsmom has a good suggestion. As for how fast foods can cause bloating, it really depends on the food. Fiberous foods may take some time to fully be converted to bacterial overgrowth and gas – up to 24 hrs. More rapidly fermentable foods – rice, potatoes, sugars, etc., unless fully broken down and absorbed could give rise to bloating in less than an hour depending on your rate of stomach emptying and motility.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.