Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Constipation Sulpher Stools

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Having very sulphery,odiferous stools (loose, but attributed to Mag citrate). Was reading this is a possible sign of bacterial overgrowth. Could probiotics cause this? Other causes?

Kelly
    Participant

I’m not sure what sulphery would smell like, but I get stinky gas when I eat something that doesn’t agree with me, or too much of something, or even something new. Have you tried anything new recently?

Kelly
    Participant

I should add that I’m currently having that stinky gas because I just started a probiotic — strains that Norm himself, IIRC, said were less apt to cause gas. Hopefully that will go away as I get used to it.

So that means a probiotic could also be causing your problem.

Jaeme
    Participant

What is IIRC?

Jaeme
    Participant

Which probiotics are you using?

JI
    Participant

Jaeme, IIRC is short for “if I recall correctly”.

Jaeme
    Participant

JI- Thanks! I haven’t progressed past LOL, ha ha.

Kelly
    Participant

This is the probiotic I have: http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Probiotic-30-Billion-CFU-s-60-Vcaps/19518 It has only lactobacillus and bifidobacterium strains, which Norm (I think) said are the less likely ones to cause gas. I’ve been having gas, which I’m inclined to think is because they have so many critters. These aren’t enteric coated, but they supposedly survive the stomach acid, and based on my reaction, I believe it.

If you order from this company, use coupon code LDG285 and you’ll get $10 off your first order. I order all my supplements there because they have good prices and free shipping.

Jaeme
    Participant

Thanks Kelly! 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

Now that I have the book, I discovered that my probiotic does have a strain that Norm specifically noted as capable of producing gas: Lactobacillus casei. There are other strains he doesn’t specify one way or the other.

Another reason I like the company I linked to above, is because they accept returns of unopened supplements within 60 days. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.