Skip to main content

Sprouted bread products

//Sprouted bread products
Sprouted bread products2014-04-23T23:50:13+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Sprouted bread products

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Where would Ezekiel bread & sprouted sourdough fall as far as FP? I noticed there are also sprouted tortillas, buns, etc.

JI
    Participant

Using values I found online (not guaranteed to be accurate), here is the formula for figuring our the FP for one slice of Ezekiel 4.9 original bread.
    Glycemic Index = 36
    Fiber = 3 grams
    Carbohydrate = 15 grams
    Formula: (100-36) x 15 divided by 100, then add grams of fiber (3) and sugar (0) to get the FP.
    The estimated answer for FP is 12.6 per slice. You are much better off using a French baguette or Middle Eastern flatbread (Naan), at an FP of 1 per 30 grams. It is a good idea to get a food scale that measures grams and ounces.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Thanks Jl! I wrote to http://www.montignac.com to see if they will provide the reference for their GI published value which was similar – 35. Will post if I get a response.

Jaeme
    Participant

I have been able to tolerate sprouted oatmeal (1/4 cup dry). Supposed to have less starches, as those are used up by the seedling for energy to sprout? Oats may be easier to digests than the foods Simply6 listed above, which are wheat and other higher fp grains?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.