Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello there,

I was wondering if Slippery Elm Bark would be considered an accepted supplement to take on this program and how you would calculate FP.

Nancydrew
    Participant

A couple of days ago I started taking Slippery Elm powder dissolved in hot water with some Soy milk.

Well, this morning was the first time, in a long time, that I woke up without any globus. However, even before Dr. Robillard’s book arrival, I read enough posts in the forum to know that staying away from carbs is the way to go.

Maybe the combination of both. However, I will continue taking Slippery Elm twice a day and continue with the diet and fine tune it once the book gets here.

JI
    Participant

I would not be concerned about the FP of Slippery Elm. The Now brand (and most likely others) has < 1 gram of carbohydrate per 800 mg. (2 capsules), no sugar and no fiber. Do not take it within a couple of hours of other supplements or medications due to the coating effect that could lower the absorption. It is not recommended to take Slippery Elm if you are pregnant or nursing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.