Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Norm,
    What do you think of these probiotics
    Megaspore Biotic Has these 5 strains
    -Bacillus Indicus HU36
    -Bacillus Clausii
    -Bacillus Subtilis HU58
    -Bacillus Licheniformis
    -Bacillus Coagulans
    Prescript Assist- I believe you are already researching these strains
    AOR-Probiotic 3 has these 3 strains
    -Clostridium butyricum
    -Streptococcus faecalis
    -Bacillus mesentericus
    I believe there is not enough research on these products themselves but what do you think of them based on the strains of bacteria they have? Which one seems to have the most potential in affecting the gut?
    Thank you.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

One of these days, I will take a closer look at this great list you put together Zad. In general, I recommend trying supplements with organisms such as lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacteria that produce little or no gas. But some people are reporting positive results with SBOs such as Prescript Assist and there is a bit of data on this product for some symptoms of IBS. I plan on providing some links for products such as these one of these days.

cmcuk
    Participant

Have just bitten the (financial( bullet and am trying ‘symprove’ – I may be being a mug, but it claims to provide active colony forming units. Whilst they may have a financial interest (I assume as a cynic), it was tested at King’s college hospital in London for IBS – did have placebo and was blinded; it sounds like a good but not miraculous outcomes! will let you know my experience (day 4 so far of 90!). It is interesting that they say it being water based means digestion is not initiated thus, they argue, allowing the probiotics to pass through the stomach without being affected too much. was wondering on this basis about difference between dairy and water kefir…..
    will let you know how it goes….

juniraptor
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have a question that pertains to both probiotics and fermentation potential. I have been using the GAPS diet on and off for my husband’s SIBO. The GAPS diet and others recommend many cultured foods, especially fruits and veggies. These foods obviously provide natural probiotics, but does anyone know if the fermentation that occurs before the food it eaten reduces the fermentation potential in the gut? It stands to reason that if the food were fermented by bacteria (often lactobacillus) prior to eating, there would be a lower fermentation potential. I ferment lots of different things…applesauce, carrot sticks, salsa, in addition to dairy ferments.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.