Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Autoimmune Conditions and Diet Restless Leg Syndrome and Sleep Disturbances

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Norm, I was not sure where to put this, as it is a broad category, but we as forum members don’t have an option to add a broad forum category. I have experienced RLS on and off over my lifetime. Also sleep disturbances and I think thee is a BIG SIBO link. My daughter inherited my gut flora (See the Book, Missing Microbes, By Dr. Martin Blaser. He and my holistic doc talk about maternal transfer of gut microflora to children in vaginal childbirth). My daughter had imbalanced gut flora (thanks to ME), then had a severe intestinal infection 2 years ago with a subsequent increase in HEARTBURN symptoms, and NIGHT TERRORS. This has something to do with cortisol metabolism, but stems from some amount of SIBO I am SURE. This might be another area for people to track to assess progress. Iron deficiency with Restless Leg Syndrome in SIBO mentioned in the Turnbull Study. Just do a word search for RLS in the document. http://www.gidoctor.net/client_files/file/Turnbull_Chapter_Final.pdf

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Bearsmom,
    Thanks for posting on this interesting topic. Yes, I have done quite a bit of research on RLS as well and have plans for another volume of FTD that will include RLS in a basket of autoimmune/systemic conditions linked to SIBO. And the iron deficiency connection is indeed fascinating.

I could start another forum for RLS, or just leave it as you have created it in the autoimmune forum. Let me know if you have a strong preference.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.