Skip to main content

Raw Unmodified Potato Starch – Benefits

//Raw Unmodified Potato Starch – Benefits
Raw Unmodified Potato Starch – Benefits2014-03-24T22:34:09+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Resistant Starch Friend or Foe? Raw Unmodified Potato Starch – Benefits

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Here is a place to discuss reported benefits of RUMPS. Also, here is a link to my latest blog on Raw Unmodified Potato Starch (RUMPS) called Resistant Starch Friend, Foe or Lover.

Laura P.
    Participant

I posted on another thread the difficult time I had with potato starch. However, I did want to make one comment on this thread. While I was consuming potato starch, I seemed to have very little appetite for sweets. For me that is a huge benefit, and I would like to be able to get to the point that I could consume some potato starch for that reason alone.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Interesting Laura. I hadn’t heard that before. How much were you taking and for how long? Any change in weight?

Laura P.
    Participant

I posted more about my experience in the challenges thread. I started with just 1 TBS per day and worked up to 4 TBS per day fairly quickly. I tried for 2 weeks, but I had diarrhea pretty much the whole time and had to quit. No, I did not lose any weight, which was sort of surprising. I was not replacing sweets with something else, other than potato starch. It was nice to have control over my sweet tooth, but I couldn’t take the diarrhea which was getting worse.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

I see. I’m not surprised Laura. I talked about RS during an interview today on Paleo Magazine – it won’t be out for weeks, but it was good to start this discussion, especially given some of the claims concerning RS and digestive issues. I don’t think it will be a slam dunk by any means. I’ll have a look at your other post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.