Skip to main content

Question of Jasmine rice.

//Question of Jasmine rice.
Question of Jasmine rice.2015-02-07T05:01:26+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Question of Jasmine rice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there F.T. experts 🙂

I am new to this site and will probably post some other Q’s another time but for now I have two Q’s

Jasmine rice: In Fast Tract Digestion the recommendations are for no more than 1/2 -3/4 cup of Jasmine rice . . . per day. Is that dry rice before it is cooked or cooked rice?? Either way that is not very much!!! I have come a long way in health improvement (CFS, terminal ileitus, digestive challenges…) am a former vegetarian, work hard as a remedial massage therapist, and although I consume bone broths in the morning, I only eat free range meet about 3 times per week. After being on a personalised version of the SCD for some time I was delighted to find jasmine rice is NOT “illegal” on the Fast Tract Diet. However, upon reading the F.T.D. book more carefully (at first I fast tracked thru it heehee)I noticed the quantity restriction. I feel I need a bit more than that to “stick to my ribs”. I am a bit confused. Sinse Jasmine has zero FP why such a restriction?? My second Q relates to Avocado. I noticed it is not mentioned in the table. What is its FP and what is your experience with avo?

Thanks guys!

Jaeme
    Participant

Hi Jeffo – The amount of rice is cooked, and the amount is restricted at first so users can get to a baseline before trying to add foods back in. Although the FP is zero, for anyone having a lot of trouble with starchy carbs even the small amount may be too much. Also, it is much better to use a digital kitchen scale to get the amounts in grams/oz. (it is too easy to overestimate by cup, visual, etc.). After the two week baseline diet, then add back in one type of food at a time or increase amounts of one type of food at a time.

Make sure to get enough fat & protein to replace those carbs. A lot of us were ingrained that “healthy” eating was lots of grains and low fat. Many new studies are showing just the opposite. Add in olive oil, grass-fed cream & butter, etc.

Which brings us to the avocado – which is in some of the FT recipes. I was fine with 1/4-1/2 an avocado with a salad each day the first two weeks. I can eat a whole now with no problems. Make sure to add in the FP points. Once you start adding back foods, you may find avocados don’t bother you. I was able to determine that my issue is starchy carbs, so I am now grain & bean free (and totally fine with that, as I now am LPR-free and feeling very healthy, confirmed by blood tests). Lactose, fructose, fiber from fruit/veggies/nuts/chocolate are all fine for me, but not for others. Each of us is unique, and the FT diet can help you figure out what works for you.

Give the FT diet the full two weeks (or more). Set aside all of the mainstream diet “shoulds & shouldn’ts”, and hopefully you will see improvement and be on your way to fine-tuning your own body’s best.

Jeffo
    Participant

Ok, got it. Appreciate your feed back. Thanks!!

Jaeme
    Participant

You are quite welcome Jeffo – this forum has been a huge help to many of us, such a wealth of info & sharing. BTW- avocado is listed in the book under veggies on p.172 (even though it is botanically a fruit).

Cme
    Participant

I had the same question re Jasmine rice as I would like to gain some weight. I couldn’t understand the restriction on Jasmine Rice. Okay, so after the two week trial, I will up my Jasmin Rice intake and see what happens. Is this the right way to go? Hope so.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.