Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Question from a Newbie

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi-
    I recently bought the book on heartburn and am currently going through the food charts and information. I have acid reflux and, unfortunately, high cholesterol. Double whammy, so I have to be careful.
    Can anyone please tell me if there are any potential negative effects on cholesterol levels or weight following this plan? My doctor has advised if my cholesterol levels don’t improve in three months he wants to put me on medication.
    I’m sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but I’m just discovering this forum and trying to go through it all.
    Thanks in advance!

Kelly
    Participant

a) The belief that saturated fat in food causes high cholesterol in our blood, which in turn causes heart disease, was based on faulty/incomplete science and is currently a matter of hot debate by researchers.
    b) The limit for what is considered a healthy cholesterol level has been lowered over the years. Many sources say it was due to pressure from pharmaceutical companies. Follow the money.
    c) There are certain fats that all the experts agree are healthy. These include extra virgin olive oil, unrefined coconut oil, and the fat in fatty fish.

This link
    kellythekitchenkop.com/2014/02/the-biggest-myth-in-medical-history.html
    has more detailed information.

GJane
    Participant

Thank you Kelly. That is helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.