Skip to main content
Products2014-12-03T19:04:42+00:00
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On this thread I would LOVE to see speciic brands of say, rice cakes, pre-made bread, english muffins, crumpets, shortbread cookie (as listed in the FTD:IBS book) croissant, etc… that people tollerate in moderation.

Jaeme
    Participant

Hi Bearsmom- the first few months I drove myself crazy trying to find the “holy grails” of bread & grain products, including gluten-free. I wasted a lot of money on foods that either didn’t work for me or tasted too bad to eat. I threw a lot in the garbage unfortunately. Once I found out starchy carbs are my problem, I decided to concentrate on the foods I do tolerate well. This made me feel much calmer, which also aided healing & digestion. I don’t miss the pastas, cookies, etc. I do cheat now & then (had to have a piece of cake for my birthday), but limit portion & take an enzyme for carbs when I do.

ftder
    Participant

THANkS Jaeme!! I guess I ate enough starchy carbs in my teens, 20s and 30s to last me the rest of my life LOL. That is how I got here in the first place. Sometimes I feel sad when I can’t have the cookie or sweet treat, but I did have many of them in my lifetime and I feel so much better without. Still have some burping and hope it goes soon!

cmcuk
    Participant

for those in Europe, have just found the following site
    http://www.frusano.com/Home:_:5.html
    I am thinking I can get a bit of a chocolate fix this way – without having to make my own as I have been doing (which as a working mum I have little time to do & which to be honest no one else in my family thinks are nice!). (also, chocmama (on facebook) in Wales does small batches using erythritol.
    Fructose free ketchup for my potato wedges too! yes! (and a glucose based elderflower syrup for my gin and soda water……)
    I am ordering stuff and will let you know my verdict!

ftder
    Participant

CMCUK LOVE the creativity!! Where is the glucose based elderflower from? THANKS! How is the diet going overall? (symptoms or lack thereof?)

THANKS!

mgarrity2361
    Participant

Hi Norm,

Question about heavy cream. I see on your tables that 8 oz of heavy cream has 3 grams of carbs. The heavy creams that are in the grocery stores say 1 gram of carbs per tablespoon. Wouldn’t that translate to 16 grams per 8 oz? Does the labeling have to show 1 gram if there is only a trace of carbs? I was wondering how you came up with those numbers. On the web the carbs are all over the place depending on what site you use. I want to make some of your desserts in your book but just want to be sure of my FP numbers.

Thanks

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Mg, Not sure why some manufacturers would list 1 g/tablespoon as I agree, that would be 16 grams per cup, or 8 grams per 1/2 cup. I have looked at several state-side brand labels and consulted both the USDA.gov site and nutritiondataself.com site which all show 6.6 – 7 grams per cup total carbs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.