Skip to main content

Prelief supplement

//Prelief supplement
Prelief supplement2014-02-03T14:49:08+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Heartburn and GERD Prelief supplement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone tried to use the product called “Prelief”? It is to be taken before eating or drinking acidic foods. It is purported to remove the acid in the food or beverage while not affecting the stomachs normal acid production. I was considering this as a tool to help me wean off Nexium.

JI
    Participant

I have tried Prelief and have not noticed an appreciable difference. Some people swear by it, though. Everyone is different,and I don’t think trying it would cause any harm. Good luck!

mchurch314
    Participant

Thanks JL…It seems this forum has become personal dialogue between you and me. lol Hopefully, as more people become aware of the forum, we will get more responses. I do appreciate that you took the time to provide your input and hope that I can provide some insight for you in the future. Regarding the Prelief, I read numerous reviews and most all were positive. I gotta believe though that if it was this miracle supplement, it would be more widely used and prescribed. Like you said, it doesn’t hurt to try it. I ordered a bottle, it should arrive on Thursday. I’m building up my arsenal for when I begin the Nexium step down. Even if Prelief has only a placebo effect, I’ll take it! 🙂

JI
    Participant

I am happy to help, mchurch314! I went through a lot of distress when diagnosed because everyone else I knew got relief from PPI’s or H2 blockers and seemingly could eat whatever they wanted. I suffered even with a very bland diet and the strongest medication. I am thin person and was frustrated by all of the books that stated to lose weight to bring symptoms under control. Dr. Norm’s diet gave me my life back without harmful prescription medications. I know the community and support will grow in time!

mchurch314
    Participant

Thanks JI…Funny that you mentioned weight (thin). I went from a muscular 180 lbs to a very thin 158 lbs (still working out but almost too thin for my build). I tried to start the Fast Track diet while still honoring my doctors wishes about fats and citric. I quickly found that this was not possible. If you eliminate fats as well as sugars and citric there just isn’t any way to get enough healthy calories. For the short time that I followed the diet (3 days) my throat felt better. I look forward to the day when I can follow the Fast Track client exclusively.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

“Even if Prelief has only a placebo effect, I’ll take it!”
    Funny!
    Don’t worry mc. Like they say. Build it and people will come. If you add us the whole lot of us with every type of digestive issue, that’s over half of the human population.

mchurch314
    Participant

Norm, I have complete faith that this forum will be bustling with folks in no time. Thanks for making it available to us! PS. Glad I could tickle your funny bone! 🙂

goddessrocks
    Participant

I have not taken prelief and at this point don’t htink I need it… I was o PPI’s for some time but somehow felt very odd in my mouth like super dry. then someone suggested I try enzymes and HCL that i was creating the opposite problem and wow my heartburn went away. I now am suffering from IBS-D and was doing well until I went on a vacation. it was just very very hard at this stage which is only 4 weeks to eat out and find foods that are suitable… so now i’m back o bone broth…VERYVERY healing!!! and day 2 of pepto bismol…

I know this isn’t the actual subject but i saw you all contributing and just wanted to share….

mchurch314
    Participant

Hi Goddessrocks….thanks for contributing! I too read that people diagnosed as having GERD caused by too much acid actually have too little acid. At on point I tried (for about 3 weeks) to drink Apple Cider Vinegar 2x daily. I was miserable so I don’t think that too little acid is my problem. I also tried the Aloe Vera remedy and had the same results. To be fair, I was still taking the Nexium so that could have thrown a wrench on the works. I don’t have an IBS problem but I did see on CNBC (stock channel) that a company (Fureix) just completed a successful 3 stage trial for a new IBS-D drug called “eluxadoline”. I don’t know much about it but the company stock went up 128% today ($59 per share). Regardless of this drugs success or failure I gotta think that Norm’s approach to treating IBS is the preferred route. Always better to avoid meds if possible because of “collateral damage”. Be well.

goddessrocks
    Participant

Hi mc… Thanks for the info.. I looked it up and it didn’t really say what it was or how it worked or how long it worked for… so I’m sticking with this plan as it seems to make the most sense….Good luck weaning off the nexium… i think you will be much happier.. you’ve tried good digestive enzymes i imagine…? The other thing I remember that worked for me was a half glass of Kefir… i use 99.0% lactose free kefir……

thanks again for caring…

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Here are a couple of links to this new Furiex drug, Eluxadoline:
    http://www.furiex.com/pipeline/discoverydevelopment-pipeline/mu-delta/
    Here are results of phase II clinical testing (not sure if the phase III results are available yet): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23583433

mchurch314
    Participant

The drug is going to be sent to the FDA for approval around the middle of this year. There’s ot a lot of info out there yet because it hasn’t yet been approved. Just keep the name handy and Google it every once in awhile to see any updates. I just bought some digestive enzymes (Zygest Brand – Super Papaya). These were not recommended by anyone I just thought that I would give them a try. I took them twice so far. The first time they produced a lot of gas and the second time I tried them there seemed to be less gas. So the jury is still out. I’ve not tried Kefir. How do you use it? A half glass in the AM and that’s it? Multiple times per day? To stop heartburn? Etc. Please advise. Thanks!

goddessrocks
    Participant

HI MC.. My sense is the enzymes just help the digesting of the food so it doesn’t sit there and get all acidic and gassy. Norm says to make sure they have lactase in them not sure if that was in the book or a forum i read… the Kefir is a soothing probiotic.. kind o like liquid yogurt but I believe has more probiotics and I take a super good probiotic with it.. i’ve had a history back in 2010 taking 4 rounds off antibiotics which I think was the beginning of this SIBO. I should’ve known better, duh.. but was driven at the time to “win” the year in sales… i paid a high price…. oh I have 1/2 glass of Kefir 2x a day… plain, vanilla and unsweetened is good. some have cane juice…not sure how that is. Also if you really have too much acid in stomach a very small amount of baking soda in water and that should neutralize the stomach acid and heartburn…
    let me know how it goes.

Norm thanks for the links.. I will keep informed on them. in the meantime i’m hoping this diet can ease these symptoms…

mchurch314
    Participant

HI Goddessrocks…do you buy the Kefir that you make yourself or do you buy it pre-made? I’m definitely going to try this stuff. I’d like to start ASAP to help get my stomach/intestinal flora squared away before going off the Nexium. I’ll try the baking soda in water when I get the rebound effect from the stoppage of the Nexium….that remedy seems pretty harmless. Regarding the Lactase, the enzyme I chose has that in it. My sister said that her doctor told her not to take enzymes because your body will quit regulating your natural enzyme production (similar to the problems with PPI’s and hw your body forgets , at least for awhile, how to regulate it’s won acid production). Not sure how to proceed on the enzymes. I guess I’ll play it by ear and keep accumulating information.

goddessrocks
    Participant

I buy the Kefir premade but I have made it before with a kefir starter …. first see how it works for you but getting your flora together is always a good idea…. I would keep doing the enzymes as you wean off. your system is already compromised so the enzymes will help and then if you are digesting well dont take em and see what happens. Also really chewing your food is good…alot of enzymes are in our mouth. i’m just beginning this diet so it would be helpful if we could have some experienced FTD folk jump on board.. also i really suggest the bone broth!! it’s so healing!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.