Skip to main content

Occular Rosacea, sebaceous hyperplasia!

//Occular Rosacea, sebaceous hyperplasia!
Occular Rosacea, sebaceous hyperplasia!2014-11-15T20:15:24+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Rosacea, SIBO and Diet Occular Rosacea, sebaceous hyperplasia!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dr. Robillard

In starting your diet, reading your book, and looking more closely at rosacea, I really think I have occular rosacea. I also have a few broken capilaries on my cheeks, and many sebaceous hyperplasia lesions (small, thankfully) which are linked to rosacea! Until I started looking at the link between SIBO and rosacea more closely, I did not know there was such a thing as occular rosacea and wondered what the heck was going on with my eyes. I am very much looking forward to tracking this and will post an update.

Jaeme
    Participant

Hi Bearsmom – we meet again on another thread, ha ha. As you know from the IC and LPR threads, I had rosacea/acne that cleared up with the FTD diet. Part of that was indeed ocular rosacea according to my optometrist (my eyes looked bloodshot, edges of eyelids inflamed, sometimes a lot of rheum/crusties). It would come and go, flare up and down, just like the rest of of the facial rosacea. Glad to say that has subsided as well.

ftder
    Participant

Thanks Jaeme! This really gives me hope!! Did you notice improvement in the first month, or would you say it took closer to 3. I am hoping for improvement!!

Jaeme
    Participant

First came the improvement of reduced burping/gas, then reduced LPR, then after a few months the rosacea cleared. Made sense, as the burping/gas was direct result of foods in intestine, the LPR was secondary inflammation from those irritating acid gases, and the rosacea was response to systemic inflammation from irritants circulating in blood. So basically “layers” of reactions all connected, and healing each layer of symptoms starting with the digestive tract first. Forgot to mention one of Norm’s best advice: chew your food until almost liquid to get as much salivary enzymes working to break down food. It can really add time to eating, but very helpful. Possibly why indigestion is epidemic in modern society- everyone gulping down fast food on the run instead of taking time to enjoy eating.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.