Skip to main content

new and little confused…

new and little confused…2015-12-04T13:49:37+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m new to this site and to this condition. Recently started having severe bloating and cramping after certain meals but the worst for me were the symptoms of sore throat, painful tongue, feeling like something is stuck in the back of my throat – UGH!

I’m feeling better since starting this diet and going gluten, dairy and nightshade free.

I have a question regarding the FP calculator. I didn’t know the gylcemic index for a bar I wanted to eat, so being on the safe side I entered 100, the carbs were 23 grams, fiber 1 gram and the total was 1 FP! I don’t understand since there are 11 grams of sugar in the bar. If I used the Appendix C in the back of the book, 14 grams of a sugar like coconut or brown are 6 FP. So, is using the calculator enough or do I need to read the label and make decisions from that?

Thanks for you help. I’m looking forward to feeling better and helping others as I improve and learn.

gtg19

Thanks

gtg19
    Participant

I figured out the answer to my own question. I realized after looking at the actual calculation and also remembered that for us a low gylcemic index is worse. I’ve been so conditioned to believe I need to avoid high GI at all cost that I programmed in 100 to be on the safe side – HA!

Thanks anyway!
    gtg19

paleogal
    Participant

I am also very confused about the sugars. I virtually never use artificial sweeteners, so this is not an issue for me. I do not know what to do with real sugar values when entering numbers into the FP calculator. Does this mean that something with high actual sugar does not have a high FP? Do you enter the actual sugar values into the calculation?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.