Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Recipes "Melt-in-your-mouth" pancakes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I purchased “The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook” by Michael R. Eades M.D., and Mary Dan Eades, M.D. I have been missing pancakes; so tomorrow morning I am going to make this recipe from the book. One serving, three to four 3-inch pancakes, has only 2.6 grams of carbs. According to the book, this recipe makes one to two servings; one if you are just eating pancakes, two if you are pairing it with some sort of breakfast meat.
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup soy protein powder
    1/3 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    Preheat a heavy, nonstick, large griddle over medium to medium-low heat. Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Beat vigorously with a fork or wire whisk until the batter is well mixed and smooth.
    Spoon batter onto the hot ungreased griddle (it is hot enough when a drop of water splashed on it dances around). Allow for expansion of pancakes. (The batter is on the thin side and that’s okay). Watch for bubbles and a hint of dryness on top before turning. The pancakes tend to darken more quickly than other pancakes you may be used to, so check early.
    A tablespoon of pure delicious maple syrup has an FP of just over 6. It is hard to eat just one tablespoon of maple syrup! Therefore, I will probably top the pancakes with four oz. of strawberries with an FP of 4. And I’ll add some freshly whipped cream sweetened with dextrose or erythritol, negligible FP.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

I love that book! I haven’t tried this recipe. Let us know how it turns out.

JI
    Participant

I am really excited about this cookbook, Norm! Such variety, including low carb breads, pastas, even desserts like cookies and cakes!

JI
    Participant

I made the pancakes this morning. They taste okay, not sweet at all. With the addition of strawberries and whipped heavy cream they were really good.

elle
    Participant

I use freshly cooked jasmine rice, cashew flour, egg, baking soda and any type of milk or cream you like. It turns out great!

cmcuk
    Participant

elle, can you give quantities fro these ingredients (approximately?) please? thanks cmc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.