Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

First time poster here…I have been dealing with the symptoms of LPR since October (coughing, clearing of throat, constant lump in throat). I am deathly afraid to have a scope done as my health anxiety won’t allow me to subject myself, especially since from what I have read, the ENT docs scope you and then prescribe PPIs like they are candy. I would much rather go in a more holistic direction with diet change and supplements.

Anyway, I have done a ton of research about LPR and how to get rid of it and keep hearing more and more about pepsin being the real culprit, not acid. So, I did the baking soda test for a few days and never burped (although on day 3, I finally did after 20 or so minutes). So, I am assuming I have low stomach acid. Question: if pepsin is the real villain, then why should I take HCL WITH pepsin as others have recommended?

I am planning on starting the FTD tomorrow…just got the book last week.

Also, what type of results can I expect in regards to how quickly will my symptoms subside? I just started with laryngitis yesterday 🙁

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Meghrk, The important thing is stopping the reflux, not adding acid and pepsin unless you know your deficient. The FTD is focused on eliminating the excess fermentation and reflux-driving gas. For LPR, you will need to be strict on the diet, read the trouble-shooting sections in the book and mobile app. You can get help via our consultation program and join the Fast Tract Diet Official Facebook Group.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.