Skip to main content

Lactose Intolerance and Gerd

//Lactose Intolerance and Gerd
Lactose Intolerance and Gerd2014-04-11T14:56:52+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Heartburn and GERD Lactose Intolerance and Gerd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, in the book Norm talks about lactose and GERD.
    Now if lactose makes GERD worse, does that mean I’m lactose intolerant? Because I don’t have the classic symptoms but the days I eat dairy, I will experience upper abdominal pain later in the day.

What’s peoples experiences with this?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Jason, Interesting. Lactose generally causes a fairly immediate response if you’re intolerant – say within an hour or so. Of course, the oligosaccharides in diary as well as milk proteins are problematic for some people as well.

Jaeme
    Participant

A friend of mine is casein intolerant (a protein in dairy), and has similar symptoms.

jasonking92
    Participant

Thanks for the reply norm.
    At the moment all I can tell is that after a protein shake, I get slight bloating. A bit less with whey isolate. Even when I take a lactase enzyme. I havent noticed it with probiotic yogurt. I’m always constipated and hardly ever take large poo’s like I use to.

Before reflux I use to pass wind a lot, especially when I ate cheese. Now however, I never get flatulence like that. Could It be because it’s fermenting in my small intestine instead and is coming up the other way?

I swear I have some kind of intolerance but finding it difficult to work it out.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

The constipation issue could be a factor – giving food too long for excessive fermentation. We have a consultation program that covers this issue if needed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.