Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Kefir and Lactose and protein shakes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Norm and all.
    I’m at the end of week 1 (again…I started week one while on antibiotics, which I assumed would not count, so repeated it this week). I have been fermenting my own Kefir n the assumption that like yogurt, all the lactose would be eaten by the kefir grains. The past 2days have been a set back to my old nausea and griping stomach sensations. Its pretty soon after AB’s so, I’m in for the long-haul, but wanted to throw as many good guys in there as possible. I’m guessing that it may well be the kefir thats set me back and that perhaps there’s more lactose left in than I thought.
    So that’s my first question…is that likely the case?
    Second question leads on from this. You can ferment coconut milk kefir (as long as you alternate between a milk/coconut brew (I’ll give the milk one to the kids 😉 ) as the grains prefer the lactose. So, is coconut milk OK for FP? I didn’t see it on the list in the book.
    I’m using the kefir in a whey protien shake in the mornings that I’ve added to your plan in exchange for the snacks, which I’m not having. Im pretty skinny and have lost weight through this whole 6 month reflux explosion, so am trying to gain a bit of muscle through exersise. is this ok?
    Kombucha Tea? how would this size up for FP? Lots of sugar, which I’m guessing would get fermented away. Its to be drunk at ph3.0. With a slight vinegar taste.

Sorry if these sound a bit pedantic, but my Tummy is in a Bit of a state after 3 blasts AB in the past year due to dental surgery. I expect I’m going to try and keep my daily FP rate around 30for at least a month or so, so its obviously important I dont throw a spanner in the works.
    Thanks
    dan

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,
    Both fermented coconut milk and Kombucha Tea should be fine. Just don’t overdue a good thing. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19460826. Good luck. FP 30 sounds good for now as your gut becomes repopulated.

danb1
    Participant

Just to report that the coconut kefir seems to be good with no obvious symptoms. As does home made fermented Sauerkraut. Good for healthy bacterias too.
    I made an error if the FP I was aiming for, 40 is what I meant. I think I’d struggle to hit 30!

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Excellent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.