Skip to main content

Just started this diet!

//Just started this diet!
Just started this diet!2014-11-11T19:15:23+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Just started this diet!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Norman – I just started this diet and am very hopeful. I did have a few questions… I know you are suppose to stop taking the PPI’s which I did. What about taking Pepcid to curtail some of the symptoms as we heal? OR does this set you back each time you take this? I feel a little better, but still have that burning sensation. I also know I just started this and need to give it time. Also, is Licorice Tea okay to drink? Again, thanks for a great book! I am on day 2 and following the diet to a T… So again very hopeful. K from Chicago

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Wrigley, Excellent. H2 blockers (Pepcid, etc.) are better than PPIs. But the best solution might be to take Tums as a rescue medicine as needed until the diet kicks in. They only neutralize stomach acid for a relatively short period. The tea should be fine. Best of luck!

Nansense
    Participant

Hi, Norm,

I am just starting the FTD and I am a little nervous as I am still taking Protonix 40 mg. every morning. Honestly, it isn’t doing much for me because my nighttime reflux is a problem. Six months ago when I read your book, it all made sense to me because I’ve been having trouble with beans, lentils and carbs in general for years…gas, gas pains and now acid reflux. I just didn’t connect this to my reflux. Beano never worked. I stop eating hours before I go to bed and, although my bed is raised, my stomach churns and I wind up with the acid taste every morning. I’ve never liked low carb diets but yours looks interesting. I don’t think I can tolerate dairy at this point. Is it possible that I may be able to reintroduce it later?
    Do you recommend that I wean myself off of Protonix before I begin? I’m not sure what to do. I’m afraid of acid rebound. I’ve been through it before.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Nansense, Thanks for reading. With dairy you have three options. Avoid it completely, take lactase enzyme every time you consume diary, or try small amounts of low lactose dairy (cream, yogurt, aged cheese, etc.). In your case, there’s no harm in avoiding it for now.

As for the Protonix, do talk to your doctor. One strategy is to wean off the drug taking Tums as a rescue medicine only when needed. Hopefully after implementing the diet, you won’t need any meds.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.