Skip to main content

Jasmine Rice Chips

//Jasmine Rice Chips
Jasmine Rice Chips2014-08-09T19:32:34+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Jasmine Rice Chips

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I found a recipe in which I can use rice flour, oil, water, and salt to make rice chips. If I used jasmine rice to make the flour, would it keep a FP of zero, or could the cooking process make it higher?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Interesting. Yes, the cooking process could create some resistant starch, but likely much less than using flours from other high amylose rices. I would love to hear about the results Andeo.

AndreaS
    Participant

Please share the recipe if possible 🙂

FrugalJen
    Participant
    Andeo23
    Participant

Below is a link for a recipe. My wife said the recipe is very similar to what she has used to make tortilla chips, just with different ingredients. I am going to give it a try and see if they affect me. I am looking for something that I can eat with guacamole or salsa with a low FP.

http://www.mashupmom.com/gluten-free-dairy-free-corn-free-most-things-free-rice-chips/

AndreaS
    Participant

Wonderful, thanks for the recipes! I first read the simple one Andeo provided. Then I figured that the one Jen posted was basically the same apart from flavors. I know that’s rude to say, however, I think the basic principle is the same. And so I made them with rice flour, a bit of oil and water, added spices and that’s it. Couldn’t be easier, tastes delicious. Period 🙂
    http://my.woex.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/rice_chips_tabaratto.jpg

ftder
    Participant

Celery and guac is quite good. Someone said Nutthin crackers had a low FP and they would work well too if tollerated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.