Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve very recently been clued into SIBO. Have had a j pouch for 31 years with the first year taking me back to a healthy weight and then began losing weight until I reached a set point. I’ve never been able to gain regardless of diet.

Is there any reasons why this diet would not be appropriate for someone without a colon? Ive been looking at FODMAPs, SCD, and paleo autoimmune diet. I can say that the High FODMAPs foods are generally things I know give me a problem with some exceptions. I cannot properly digest dairy, melons, or any form of soy other than Miso (among other things).

Also am caucasian, from the U.S., but have been living in Japan for 20 years. Products available are very different here. Almost no awareness of gluten sensitivity, SIBO, and the like.

Really excited by the prospect that I might not have to spend the rest of my life like THIS:)

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Cherie,
    If FODMAPs and other fermentable carbs give you problems, this diet should help. Please do consult your own doctor as well. Some of the foods you mention are acceptable in terms of “fermentation potential” and allowed on the diet. So you will need to use your own judgement to limit or eliminate those.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.