Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Is this diet for me?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sorry what’s LPR?

49barefoot
    Participant

Bearsmom,
    I eat very little fruit, a little blueberries or watermelon a couple times a week at the most. I tried potatoes (what else for Chanukah!) and felt badly afterwards. I have rice a couple times a week, but not daily.

I read last week online, don’t recall where, that the sore throat associated with LPR may not be due to LPR, but just normal, tiny amounts of acid that the throat nerves have become highly sensitive to as a result of prior LPR. So I’m not concerned about it, and am grateful to feel so much better most of the time.

Jaeme
    Participant

Hi Bearsmom & 49barefoot – I was the same as Barefoot at the beginning, just blueberries & melon, Jasmine rice a few times a week, and no potatoes or grains. After the diet started to control SIBO & I added foods back in (one type every week or so), potatoes caused symptoms every time (dairy, most fruit okay). Grains also are a problem, so that’s how I figured out my issue is starch/amylose. Taking an amylase enzyme allows me to eat small amounts of foods from that group now. My LPR symptoms when flaring up start as a stuffy nose, then lots of mucus & drainage, then cloggy throat and coughing/throat clearing, then swollen throat inflammation.

ftder
    Participant

Thanks 49Barefoot and Jaeme!

(KKing, LPR stands for larygopharygeal reflux. Basically acid or acidic fumes irritating the vocal cords.)

My only LPR-type symptoms are burping and sternum pressure. Very occassionally it feels like I might burp a tiny bit of food taste/acid but not often. I guess I will wait until the burping improves a little more before adding back rice and fruit.

Jaeme, I have no idea why (but isn’t it fascinating how different we all are?) but when I completely removed rice and fruit (a ketogenic diet) I lost a few pounds of water weight, but then my weight completelely stablized. So far, knock wood, I am sleeping great, my energy is good, and I have been on a keto diet for over 6 weeks? I don’t want to be keto forever, but actually don’t really miss the rice, as I was never really a fan and not enjoying making it every day. I do like it ok but don’t mind waiting. I sure do miss berries and more nuts tho! I am having about 10 macadamia nuts per day. Boy, at this early phase for me it does feel limiting.

I dont have any noticeable sinus issues, maybe a little mucous in the morning but rarely any drip. I am not sure when to add back foods because of the burping. I guess I sound like a broken record, LOL.

Jaeme, also my ocular rosacea continues. I am lucky it is minor, but I sure would like it to GO!!!! Since adding some herbs from my holistic doctor the sternum pressure seems a bit less, which is good!

49barefoot
    Participant

KKing, another supplement I take for gastritis is zinc carnosine, which can be bought as PepZinGI by Doctor’s Best.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.