Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Diet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Here is a place to discuss Fast Tract and other diets for treating IBS.

AussieNana
    Participant

Paleo eating was very slow to deal with my IBS symptoms. It took years and I’ve had some good periods since it first started to improve. However one of the reasons to reconsider my paleo diet was a return to unstable bowel habits. It was starting to return to diarrhoea with some occasions of constipation. In a month of adding potato starch to my paleo diet I’ve gone from Bristol 1/2 and 5/6 to Bristol 4 mostly with slight shadings on either side. Even when things were good on the paleo I swung much more widely than that. Sorry if this is TMI but it is about IBS.

Anne Boleyn
    Participant

Hello dr. Robillard. Greetins from Croatia, Europe. Firstly, I wanted to let you know I appreciate your work in terms of developing great diets for IBS and GERD. I would like to ask you a few questions. My story started 6 months ago when I was treated for H. Pylori using triple therapy. Soon after that ordeal I took cefuroxime for UTI and clyndamicin for tooth infection. That’s when I developed IBS symptoms. Since I can’t find any other explanation for my symptoms (belching, bloating, excessive gas, diarrhea) I assume it could be SIBO. Unfortunately, where I live there are no SIBO tests available and doctors don’t know anything about it so I can’t say for sure. But I’ve been through all other tests (including colonoscopy and Candida stool testing). I have major problems coping with this since I’m only 24 and a student of veterinary medicine. I eat meat, eggs, fish, cheese and am about to take oregano oil capsules since there is no treatment for SIBO in my country. Could you give me any suggestions on what else would be safe to eat as I feel very hungry and tired which is making me difficult to concentrate on studying for my exams. Sorry for my bad english, I’m doing my best. Kind regards.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Anne,
    Unfortunately, antibiotics can often lead to SIBO / IBS which is consistent with the symptoms you describe. My preference, before more antibiotics, is to limit fermentable carbohydrates as detailed in Fast Tract Digestion IBS. Many people skip the test an just try the diet. We can ship to Eastern Europe. See the book ordering tab.

shir
    Participant

hi,
    I want to know if this diet can also help with hiatal hernia.
    I have the book and tried following it a bit. I noticed eggs eggravate my hernia and white rice gives me migraines in big quantities. Do you have any suggestions for hernia with Ibs? I want to mention that I don’t have heartburn symptoms, only Ibs dirrhea and hiatal hernia. The problem also is that I’m very skinny and I need to put on some weight and its very hard for me and low carb diets only make me lose more weight.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi shir, Hiatal hernia is most often an aggravating factor in acid reflux / LPR symptoms, I honestly don’t know why this condition would result in IBS symptoms. As for weight loss, diarrhea is an indication of malabsorption – and calorie loss. Correcting the problem is the key. Once corrected, weight can be maintained on either low carb or moderate carb diet.

shir
    Participant

So what do you suggest a fast track Ibs diet or something more?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Yes, I recommend FTD IBS. If you are interested in more direct help, we do offer consultation via Skype.

shir
    Participant

OK and how much does it cost via Skype?

shir
    Participant

Can you please give me details on how can I contact you and payment issues?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

For details on the program, please contact Rhea.tanaka@digestivehealthinstitute.org

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.