Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Insomnia and Weight Loss from Low Carb Diets

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I have read Fast Tract Digestion, and would really like to try it, but I’m worried that I will have a recurrence of the insomnia I suffered while on the SCD diet. I felt starving all the time, and great difficulty sleeping. I felt that my heart was beating quickly all the time.

I am also concerned that I will actually lose weight on the diet. Based on the serving sizes in the recipes, it will be very hard for me to get >1000 calories a day. I am 5’9″ and quite desperate to gain weight. I weigh only 124lbs.

Thanks for any advice,
    AG

JI
    Participant

Hi AG,
    I initially lost weight on the diet, but then I leveled off and managed to gain back the weight. I would suggest that you make the cheesecake recipe that is in the book. The whipped heavy cream with dextrose added offers lots of calories but low FP. Make sure to add dressing to your salads. I use ranch dressing. You can also enjoy the 1/2 cup serving of Breyer’s lactose-free ice cream. I could not find light cream, so used heavy in my coffee, very low FP, but lots of calories. Also, add cheese to your salads and eggs. Jasmine rice is a great addition to your diet. You can also use low FP varieties of potatoes. French baguettes are a good choice for calories and low FP. A glass or two of dry wine or light beer is allowed on the diet (initially, only one). Almonds and pecans are good in moderation. Good luck to you!

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi AG, You can see from JI’s comments, the Fast Tract Diet does not need to be a low carb diet unless you want it to be. There are many high carb, but low FP food choices. Also, fats, proteins and overall calories are not limited at all.

hazymandolin
    Participant

A French baguette has low FP? I live in France some of the time and have been avoiding the baguette like the plague (I just thought that wheat was a big no-no). Should I indulge a little? (I’m thinking of just the crusty end piece that my husband and I used to fight over until I packed it in)

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Based on the GI, the FP is very low for French Baguette. But with wheat, it’s always a bit of a crap shoot. Best to introduce after symptoms abate, chew well and see how it goes.

Just to be safe, we better travel to France and show you how it’s done.

hazymandolin
    Participant

I realise now that the baguette is mentioned in the recipe section of the books, which I have not yet looked at.

You are welcome here in France anytime, I’d love to discuss all things gut related whilst chewing down well on a little baguette (maybe with some cheese and a small glass of red Bordeaux on the side) 🙂

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Sounds like a perfect afternoon. May have to take you up on that one of these days.

ag
    Participant

Thanks for these helpful comments! I’m on day 3, eating lots of carbs in the form of jasmine rice and rice-based gluten free bread, but for now at least my symptoms are definitely reduced.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.