Skip to main content

How to Heal Esophagus While on FTD?

//How to Heal Esophagus While on FTD?
How to Heal Esophagus While on FTD?2014-08-27T04:22:06+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Heartburn and GERD How to Heal Esophagus While on FTD?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just purchased the FTD Heartburn but have a some questions:

For the past month, the center of my throat has been very painful when I talk. Is it ok to take Zantac 150 (only at night) to stop acid from reaching the Esophagus for a couple of weeks, and or until my throat can heal? During the day, would the stomach acid return if Zantac only lasts 12 hours? That way food will still digest during the day and at night, my throat can heal?

Do we need stomach acid on an empty stomach?

I have tried water fasting for 24 hours, and even on an empty stomach, I still get acid reflux how can this be?

Thanks

JI
    Participant

Hi Stig–I cannot answer your question about water fasting, but Zantac is not as intensive at blocking stomach acid as PPI’s like Nexium or Prilosec which eliminate almost all of your stomach acid. You might try Gaviscon Advance. I have to purchase it online as this formulation is not the same as the Gaviscon sold in the United States. The active ingredient is Sodium Alginate, which mixes with stomach acid and forms a foam barrier so acid cannot get into your esophagus for several hours. However, if you eat or drink anything, the foam barrier will be broken. It is a great medication to use at night for that reason. I prefer the liquid but you can also purchase tablets for on the road convenience. The U.S. version does not have nearly as much of the active ingredient, and contains aluminum.

cmcuk
    Participant

BTW Sodium Alginate is an amylose carbohydrate – and so needs to be added in to your fP’s – do remember this – as I know personally, its easy to go over by missing these things (even if they are small amounts); if you are suing them regularly it all adds up!

cmcuk
    Participant

ps the gaviscon does work tho!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.