Skip to main content

Glycemic Index App?

//Glycemic Index App?
Glycemic Index App?2014-07-09T12:35:02+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Glycemic Index App?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know of a good (Apple) App that will give glycemic indexes of foods?

Since Norm’s fantastic FP calculator popped up, I find myself doing FP calculations far more often rather than just sticking to foods I know, since I can just take a quick look on my smart phone when I am out buying food or dining in a restaurant. If I could look up the glycemic index in an equally quick manner it would be great…

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Happy to see you are using the FP calculator. I have the Monash University Low FODMAP app that is the “official” and best one I know of.

hazymandolin
    Participant

I have that App too, back from when I was trying the low FODMAP diet – and yet still having symptoms. Your book explains that one! I also bought Carol Sinclair’s book which I think was a great start to where I needed to be. I don’t wish to speak too soon, but finding the Digestive Health Institute might well be my holy grail.

I must dust off the Monash App though, it is very good for advising on the type of fermentable carbs in foods.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Oh no, senior moment. That app does not have glycemic index data!
    Here are some references for GI data:
    1. The 2002 published database.. You can download the PDF:
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/1/5.full.pdf

2. For updated info or searching by individual foods, here is the official GI site. I have used this to add foods and make corrections to the GI data I use for FP table updates:
    http://www.glycemicindex.com/index.php

hazymandolin
    Participant

Thanks for that Norm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.