Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A General Q&A on Fast Tract Diet

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks very much for providing Paul Jaminet’s report. This is really helpful. Thanks for providing the fat/protein information as well.

I’ve been following the Fast Tract Heartburn diet for only 4 days, and I’ve noticed significant improvement in the reduction of my GERD symptoms. I have a combination of LPR and more typical heartburn like symptoms and have been on PPIs for 5 years. Many thanks to you for your extensive research and sharing this invaluable information.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

My pleasure George. Great see you on the forum.

jasonking92
    Participant

Since I’ve been on the fast tract diet my upper abdominal pressure has disappeared dramatically. I still get GERD with coffee and spices. But I assume my oesophagus needing to heal. I’ve been getting LPR symptoms, which I never got before but I’ll see if they go.

A new experience I’m having is that I feel like I’m getting a lot of gas in the lower area of my abdomen. It feels like I’m getting trapped gas (needing to fart), but for the other end. I’ve also actually been able to have 1 – 2 number 2’s a day now!

Is this a sign the FP diet is working? what’s other people’s experiences?

jasonking92
    Participant

Easter’s here in england and here come the chocolate easter eggs.
    I don’t want to eat them because I know it’s a high FP food, but I feel I need to as they’re gifts. What would happen if for one day I had a high FP food such as an easter egg. Would It make much of a difference to cheat for one day?

I would really appreciate advice on this.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,
    Occasional indulgence shouldn’t be a big deal, especially as your gut improves on the diet. You can always pick up the slack after the holidays. Following several years of lower FP dieting, I can tolerate more fermentable carbs for three to five days without much of a problem – perhaps a few tums. The best approach is to go by your symptoms – listen to your body.

jasonking92
    Participant

Thanks norm, I’ll try to indulge and enjoy the holiday. I’ll take the Tums only if absolutely necessary.

I found this video that really gives a great explanation and backs your theory 100% Norm. I highly recommend anyone who’s interested in what’s actually going on in there body to watch this.

saffyhoward
    Participant

Thanks jasonking92. Very good clip. succinct explanation of the digestive process and how it can go wrong. Thanks for posting.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Thanks Jason, Great video on this aspect of digestive malabsorption leading to acid reflux and other problems. As you know from reading Fast Tract, there are several other causes besides low stomach acid.

pamos
    Participant

Hi Norm
    Thanks for writing this book! I have had reflux laryngitis for 12 months, and ended up on PPIs. I bought your book, and have been on the reflux diet for five days. The diet, and apple cider vinegar, have pretty much got my symptoms down and I have been PPI feree for five days too! Wow. Spo very happy. My system also seems to have slowed down, and I haven’t been going to the toilet much, despite drinking about 2L water a day. Is this normal? Would it be ok to take some swedish bitters, or have you got a better suggestion.
    Many thanks

Pamos.

pamos
    Participant

HI again. I just found the thread on consitipation. Sorry, rushing to look up info on by breaks from work……

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

No problem pamos, glad you found it.

NNT
    Participant

Hello,
    I wanted to ask for clarification about Middle Eastern flatbread, which was listed in The Fast Tract Digestion IBS’s appendix as having a low FP value. What precisely is this Middle Eastern flatbread? Of what flour is it made, and does it has yeast? How does it differ from pita bread? I have come across many types of flatbreads from the Middle East — which one did Mr. Robillard have in mind?

Thank you!

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

The MiddleEastern flat bread is whatever type was tested to provide the data for the international glycemic index table. I have not traced the source data on this, so I can’t answer the question. The database is in the public domain, so you may be able to find out.

jasonking92
    Participant

I’ve just had some fantastic news. I got my first SIBO test results back today and they came back completely negative. I do not have SIBO. I recently found out I have a Gluten and Cows Milk Intolerance, which are foods I’ve ate my entire life, My theory is they were the main culprits in my excessive bloating which lead to GERD.

My goal now is to find out if I have any other digestive issues and focus on healing my esophagus from the years worth of damage. I will always have the Fast Track diet in my mind and all the information I’ve learned from it.

So seeing as I don’t have SIBO, can I be a lot more free with what I eat? (Food intolerances considering).

I recommend anyone with digestive issues true and get tested. Especially for Food Intolerances.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Jason,
    Great news for sure. Do keep in mine that SIBO can come and go as your body is always trying to suppress it, but it can reoccur. Also, other forms of dysbiosis (imbalanced gut microbes or even excessive growth in the large intestine) can occur. If symptoms persist or reoccur, keep the Fast Tract approach on your digestive tool belt for all three situations.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.