Skip to main content

FP food calculations

//FP food calculations
FP food calculations2014-06-30T15:05:20+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Recipes FP food calculations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here is a thread to post FP calculations for food items, or post an item for someone else to calculate.

Want to do your own calculations? Try our new on-line FP Calculator.

I’ll start – what is the FP of white flour tortillas?

Jaeme
    Participant

What sugar types are in maple syrup?

JI
    Participant

Jaeme,
    The GI is 30 for flour tortillas, according to an internet source. It appears that the FP for a 6″ flour tortilla is about 12. For a 12″ flour tortilla, the FP is a whopping 45! You can check the carbs and fiber for the particular brand you want to use and figure the FP using Norm’s formula. The attached PDF shows that different types of maple syrups are primarily sucrose with much smaller amounts of fructose and glucose.
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc/sugarprof.pdf

Jaeme
    Participant

Thanks JI! Very helpful- strange how some white flour products are low FP, and others are high FP (can’t just go by whole grains). Also strange how the different grades of maple syrup have different sugar values.

Jaeme
    Participant

What is the FP of lactose-free milk?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Lactose-free milk would be lower than regular milk, but I don’t have an actual value for it. Assume it’s in the range of about 3-4 for the same serving size. That is to account for other oligosaccharides in milk.

gie
    Participant

Here’s the calculation for beets that JI did for me on a different topic.

Regarding the FP of beets, 1/2 cup chopped raw have a GI of 64, 4.5 g of carbs, and 2 g of fiber. Therefore, the FP for 1/2 cup chopped raw beets is 3.62, 4 if you round it up

goddessrocks
    Participant

okay I”m trying to figure out Maltodextrin. i’ve looked it up and it seems to be a food thickener and very highly absorbable .. it used in sports recovery products.
    any body have any better or more info. i’m along distance bike rider and siince i’ve been on this diet my energy seems to be lower. i’ve gotten the electrolyte system down but i have a gel recovery product that has maltodextrin and 22 carbs….i read that maltdextrin is a 130 GI… how’s that possible.. can anyone help me figure this out…??

many thanks

JI
    Participant

Goddess– the GI of 130 means that maltodextrin is absorbed more quickly than pure glucose, which has a GI of 100. So, it’s FP has a negative value, and is set at zero.

goddessrocks
    Participant

so that’s a good thing……. right? thank you.. some of this equation is hard for me to figure out so thanks…..

JI
    Participant

You are welcome. Yes, it is a good thing.

Jaeme
    Participant

Anyone calculate the FP of white sourdough bread? Wondering how the long-rise fermentation of the bread affects the GI. I think it develops more gluten?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Maple syrup contains mostly sucrose, but also contains potassium, calcium, zinc and manganese and a few other goodies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_syrup

budgiemom
    Participant

So what would the FP value be for maple syrup? Looks like it might vary depending on the variety used, since they have different sugar makeups, but can someone give me a rough range, or the value for run-of-the-mill pure maple syrup that I get at Trader Joe’s?

Jaeme
    Participant

According to JI on another post, one tablespoon of maple syrup has an FP of just over 6.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.