Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A FP + Enzymes & Sking Problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Norm,

Everytime I apply FTD my seborrhoeic eczema is in remission. Lately I additionally used enzymes (allround product + some specific enzymes for digesting starches & vegetables). After a few days my seb. eczema got pretty worse. So my question is: Do enzymes de- or increase the FP of a meal? (My thought is that maybe some non-digestible fiber gets broken down through the enzymes and then there are more carbohydrates available in the small intestine.)

And would you assume that the relation hard-to-digest-carbs<->skin is happening due to a problem in the small intestine or the colon?

Best
    Mark

BTW: Recognized an error on your site. The register link for new users on the right site is broken. But the one in the header works.

Jaeme
    Participant

Good question Mark- hope Norm knows the answer. I am on enzymes too. No eczema, but I have rosacea.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Mark/Jaeme, Not sure why that would occur, but Mark’s idea does make possible sense. On the other hand the enzymes themselves or something else in the product (excipients) might also provoke a reaction.

Thanks for the not about the site. I have had reports from a couple of people about log-in problems. I went to the register page and only see one screen to register. I might not be seeing what you are seeing. Any more details are appreciated.

Mark
    Participant

Thanks Norm. I reviewed the diet when the skin got worse and there was one food which I don’t know the FP (Swiss hash browns – mostly potatoes). Maybe that and not the enzymes were the trigger.

Regarding the broken register link. If you click this link you’ll see that the URL http://http//digestivehealthinstitute.org/register/ syntax isn’t right.

Mark
    Participant

Just a follow up: I am pretty sure that the exacerbation of my eczema was provoked by a food whose FP I had underestimated. So all clear in terms of digestive enzymes.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Thanks for the follow-up Mark. By the way, I found the coding problem on the register link. Pushing the link should present good karma now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.