Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone have a source for the “Middle Eastern Flatbread” listed in the FP chart as a “1”?

Are the “plain scones” listed in the FP chart any special kind or made with a special type of flour?

JI
    Participant

I found flatbread at Trader Joe’s. It is called Tandori naan, Indian flatbread. I believe it is the same thing as Middle Eastern flatbread. I also buy French baguettes there; but they are easy to find at just about any supermarket.

Anonymous

For the smoothie, haven’t found a light cream. We have heavy whipping cream or half and half. I think half in half is half milk which is a no no because of lactase, so I’ll just use 1/2 cup cream. I bet this would taste like ice cream if I blended the smoothie with frozen fruit. Only problem is I have 12 extra pounds I need to loose. I see several of you need to gain some wt so maybe make more recipes with heavy whipping cream. Can anybody in the states tell me if you can buy light cream and where.

Jaeme
    Participant

I had a hard time too, but a chain of grocery stores in the Mid-west called Kroger’s does carry “Regular Whipping Cream” as well as “Heavy Whipping Cream”. I bought both, and there is very little difference in nutritional data. Per tbsp.: Regular = 45 calories, 4.5g fat, 1g carb., 1g, sugar; Heavy = 50 calories, 5g fat, 0g carb, 0g sugar. So fat and calories are about the same, the regular has a bit of carb/sugar and the heavy has none. Might as well go with the heavy cream. Kroger does carry its own brand of “Low Carb” milk & yogurt called Carbmaster, but I have not looked into the details as I don’t shop there very much.

JI
    Participant

I have not been able to find light cream. The stores around me carry half and half and heavy cream.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

How about lactose-free milk? The value is not in the tables, but you can assume the FP is the same or lower than cream.

Jaeme
    Participant

The lactose-free milk I can get has 15g. carbs & 12 g. sugars – it tastes very sweet to me. I was wondering about this – sounds way too high for the FT diet?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.