Skip to main content

Fiber in greens

//Fiber in greens
Fiber in greens2014-02-19T04:12:01+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Recently got your fantastic book and am making the changes (had been eating paleo/perfect health diet style so transition fairly easy) but I’m curious about the fiber in greens. I love kale, chard, etc. but they give me a little bloating and gas. Should I hold off on these vegetables for a while then try them again after a while of being on the diet? Or just forge ahead knowing that I’ve removed and limited other more problematic foods and this will sort itself out? Anyone else have problems eating veggies with low FP and did it resolve? Thanks in advance!

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hey Gie,
    Swiss chard has few carbs and a couple of grams of fiber for a 3 ounce serving. That’s why is has a lower FP. Kale has a bit more fiber, but definitely more carbs for twice the FP. If you stick to the FP recommendations, you should be alright. Of course, use your best judgement and avoid if you are reacting to either. I would start by choosing chard over kale to begin with.

goddessrocks
    Participant

I’ve been on this diet for several months with a huge decrease in the gas and bloating but I did avoid those greens as I have IBS-D and could tell they were not being digested properly. I just started juicing these greens mostly spinach celery and few carrots and cukes together an am finding it energizing and seems fine…. i love my greens and also was having trouble digesting ..but I think the juicing takes most of the fiber out and leaves the vit/min.. hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.