Skip to main content

Fats & Metabolism

//Fats & Metabolism
Fats & Metabolism2014-03-20T02:14:15+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Fats & Metabolism

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thought you might enjoy this article “Why Fats are the Preferred Human Metabolism”, very good description of how the body uses different nutrients. Fits with the FT diet:

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Thanks for the link Jaeme. Very balanced and informative article from a smart guy. I think as we get a bit older, it’s healthier to keep carbs grams at the lower end. But athletes and the young certainly can tolerate more. That’s why I wrote Fast Tract Digestion without actual limits on carbs counts as long as FP is controlled.

Jaeme
    Participant

Same website has good articles about why saturated fat is good, differences in fats, etc. that also answer questions from skeptics about these issues with FT diet.

Anonymous

Thank you for the above link Jaeme I’ve been reading 2 books called Keto adapted and secrets to a Healthy Metabolism by Maria Emmerich, she is all about eating more good fats. She has a blog, Facebook, and Pinterest recipes.

Jaeme
    Participant

I have been virtually no-carb now for almost a month and a half. Now that my metabolism is fat-based, what will happen when I try to add back in some carbs? If I add dextrose to bump up calories, will this wreak havoc with insulin? Or since the carb-load is still way lower than a high-carb diet, will it work?

Jaeme
    Participant

Thanks 19 – will check out those links. Have been really looking into the keto stuff. I think I went into ketosis really fast with the FT diet, at I was already eating fairly low-carb/high-fat/mid-protein prior (but what carbs I was eating were whole grains and beans). I did not have any of the transition problems mentioned on keto websites, except maybe headaches (but I think they were due to Stevia – stopped as soon as I quit using it). My problem now is I lost so much weight so fast (none of it needed to lose) and still losing, that I am very worried. I am looking into how to gradually transition out of ketosis safely, but stay in the low-carb zone. Question is, how to do that without eating grains, without wreaking havoc on insulin, and not getting FP points too high?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.