Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Fast Tract Users Updates

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have just begun the FTD. It’s really been only one day and I didn’t have all the right foods…not enough green veggies. I am encouraged by your post, Jaeme, as it looks like you’ve been on a journey and it’s finally paid off. I have to keep this in mind as I try to heal. I’m on Protonix (40 mg.) once per day. I have reflux at night. I wake up with acid in my throat/mouth. This is really scary. I have tried to get off of PPI’s once before and the rebound was so bad that I developed a raspy voice. There wasn’t any permanent damage to my larynx thankfully. I have osteopenia and I don’t want it to get worse. A friend of mine has serious osteoporosis from PPI’s. I also have seborrhea of the scalp and forehead which I have long suspected is from diet. I’ve had the FTD book for at least 6 months but I didn’t act on it because I’ve never been fond of low carb diets. I always wanted to be a vegetarian/vegan and I finally tried it recently with disastrous results. Basically, Vegan diets are high starch. I felt lighter, I wasn’t constipated and I enjoyed the food. However, my reflux was so bad, I had severe gas and gas pains so I stopped…and then I remembered Norm Robillard’s book. This is where I begin my journey.

Jaeme
    Participant

Welcome Nansense! Many of us here have gone through a wild ride before finding the FTD. Based on my experience, Norm is correct in his research. There will be ups and downs as your system/gut flora readjust, but I am PPI/H2 Blocker-free with 99% reduction in LPR/night reflux & rosacea. Everyone’s gut is unique, but help here on the forum is a great support. Best wishes for healing!

ftder
    Participant

Hi Norm
    I have finished 3 weeks of the FTD. I have a significant (95%) reduction in bloating and gas. I still have some burping but have some improvement there too. My days are low FP and I have even removed my beloved 1/2 cup of berries and 2oz of cashews (MISS THOSE!). Yesteday I skipped breakfast as you advised that to give the gut a rest from time to time. I think it helped. I am not sure if I should undertake further restrictions (removing my 1/2 cup yogurt and occasional slice of cheese) or just continue for another few weeks as I am. In otherwords, does one need to continue to lower the FP to get a perfect baseline, or if symptoms have reduced significantly, just continue as is and expect further improvements? I could lower my FP even more (taking out rice in case I am reacting to that) or the small amount of dairy, but I feel pretty restricted as is. Any thoughts appreciated.

ftder
    Participant

I wanted to provide an update that since I started the diet, my athlete’s foot has cleared up that I have had for YEARS! :). Also my mild adult acne roscacea and oily skin is improving!

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Athlete’s foot improving. That is interesting Bearsmom and I have no reason why that would be. The rosacea, on the other hand makes a lot more sense given its connection to SIBO.

Ryan
    Participant

Hi Jame wanted to talk to you about remeron
    My email is ryery1@yahoo.com

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.