Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Fast Tract Users Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Kefir, coconut milk and a little cream does sound yummy Jaeme. Not sure about the connection between glutamate and sleep idea, but waking up in the middle of the night and not falling back asleep doesn’t sound fun. I will let you know if I come across anything.

Meanwhile if you’re eating too much meat and cheese, there are so many alternatives. I just finished updating the FP tables for second prints of both FTR Heartburn and FTD IBS. The updates will appear in the kindle versions soon as well. There are now 360 foods covered and 60 vegetables alone (not including starches). Of those 60 veggies, 55 have FP values of 7 grams or lower. While fruits are not quite as friendly (8 of 38 fruits are FP 6 or below), you can always have some of the higher FP fruit just don’t over due it on the serving size. The serving sizes of fruits in the table are rather large. Try weighing out a 4.2 ounce serving of berries and you will see what I mean. A two ounce serving more than cuts your FP in half. Also don’t forget about fish and seafood!

budgiemom
    Participant

Do you know when those updated FP tables will be available? I would love to get my hands on them! I was also fantasizing about an app, similar to the My Fitness Pal varieties, where you can search a database of foods, and have the corresponding FP pop right up! It could tally your totals for the day, compare to your goals and symptoms, etc. Ok, now I am babbling, but that’s what I went to sleep thinking about last night! LOL! Would be cool, huh?

budgiemom
    Participant

Jaeme,

I want to make my own kimchi too, rather than paying $7 for a tiny jar I can eat in two days! Can you share your recipe and method? I am afraid of messing it up and creating a vat of mold!

Thanks!

mchurch314
    Participant

JI…I think that the Carafate is helping. It’s purpose is to coat the stomach and esophagus so that any excess acid will not irritate it. I still get some symptoms but think that they would be worse without the Carafate.

Jaeme…I have issues with waking in the middle of the night and then having a hard time getting back to sleep but this has been a problem for 20 years or more so not sure that it is related to the GI issues. Glad that your symptoms are disappearing. That’s awesome!

mchurch314
    Participant

Budgiemom….on online calculator would be the bomb!

Norm….do we have to buy the book again to get the updated tables?

Jaeme
    Participant

One other possibility for the middle of the night waking is low blood sugar from the lack of carbs & glycogen stores (causes adrenaline spike), but I am not tired during the day- a classic sign of high glutimate as your brain is running on high (racing thoughts when you try to go back to sleep).

mchurch314
    Participant

Jaeme…are you under a lot of stress? I know that my middle of the night sleep issue is considerably worse when I am stressed or have a high level of anxiety.

Jaeme
    Participant

BudgieMom- kimchi is very easy to make. Using the lactofermentation method (using whey) the kimchi is ready in three days and no mold. I will post the recipe soon! I use the same method to make Daikon radish pickles, “whey better” sauerkraut, and more.

Jaeme
    Participant

Thanks Norm – can’t wait for the new FP tables and expanding what I eat. Will these be available by themselves for those of us who bought book one? I do not have a Kindle, etc.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Hi Jaeme. I believe the updates will be available for Kindle as, I didn’t call it a second edition. Sorry that I don’t actually have a list of updates. I just update the entire database continuously. Right now, I am working hard on revisions of both IBS and Heartburn books for print and ebook. Once that work is out of the way, I should have more time to post at least some critical updates.

JI
    Participant

My test results came back. It turns out that I have reflux, but not acid reflux. No wonder the PPI’s and antacids did not help me. My LES is not loose, but tight. Sometimes it does not open instead of not closing. The doctor said the most important thing for me tp do right now is relax. It’s time to start up with yoga again.

Jaeme
    Participant

Wow JI, that’s a crazy turn of events! You need to go to a yoga spa retreat for a while- you’ve earned it & deserve it. Is there anything else that can be done to regulate the LES?

Jaeme
    Participant

Lacto-fermented Kimchi Recipe:

1 head Napa cabbage, cored and shredded
    1 bunch green onions, chopped
    1 cup carrots, grated
    1/2 cup daikon radish, grated (can use regular radish)
    1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp. dried chile flakes
    1 Tbsp. sea salt
    4 Tbsp. whey (drained from yogurt)

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and pound with a wooden pounder or meat pounder to release juices (about 5-10 minutes). Place all in a sterilized quart-sized, wide mouth mason jar and press down firmly with the pounder until juices come to top. The top of veggies should be at least 1 inch below top of jar (will expand as fermentation happens). Cover tightly and keep at room temperature for about 3 days before putting in refrigerator.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Looks like a great recipe Jaeme. Don’t you need to let gases escape – cloth covered (open fermentation) or air lock (closed fermentation)? I have never made this, but I would like to give it a try.

budgiemom
    Participant

Awesome Jaeme! I have whey ready to go and am going to try this! I second Norm’s question though…keep tightly covered? I don’t want cabbage exploded all over my kitchen! 🙂

Also, how long does this keep in the fridge?

Thanks!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.