Skip to main content

Enger-G White Rice Bread?

//Enger-G White Rice Bread?
Enger-G White Rice Bread?2014-11-11T04:42:07+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Enger-G White Rice Bread?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Norm
    I calculated the Energ-G white rice bread as having a low FP. It does contain celulose, but I seem to recall you did not think that is a problem. I have had the brown rice version before, and if you toast it well, it is not bad.

Ener-G – Gluten Free Bread White Rice Yeast-Free Loaf – 19 oz. (540 g)
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Slice (45 g)
    Servings Per Container: About 12
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 100
    Calories from Fat 30
    Total Fat 3.5 g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
    Sodium 140 mg 6%
    Potassium 15 mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 18 g 6%
    Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 1 g
    Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0% Iron 2%
    Thiamin 2% Riboflavin 0%
    Niacin 2% Copper 2%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Calories: 2,000 2,500
    Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g
    Saturated Fat Less than 20 g 25 g
    Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300 mg
    Sodium Less than 2,400 mg 2,400 mg
    Potassium 3,500 mg 3,500 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g
    Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g
    Protein 50 g 65 g
    Calories per gram:
    Fat 9 Carbohydrate 4 Protein 4
    Other Ingredients: Filtered Water, Rice Flour, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Leavening (glucono-delta-lactone, sodium bicarbonate and calcium phosphate), Methylcellulose, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Orange Citrus Fiber.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Bearsmom, You’re a calculating machine! A couple of questions:
    1. What recipe is this? I see “Tapioca Quick Bread” recipe on the EnerG Tapioca Flour box that includes OJ, 4 eggs, lecithin, tapioca and rice flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. I know it’s not this one. I would like to see the recipe as well as the individual carbs per serving to calculate the FP.
    2. Why do you list some values twice. For example:
    Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g
    Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g
    Protein 50 g 65 g
    Also, I learned something here. I wondered why yeast is not used with wheat-free bread recipes and found this link on my William Davis’ site for how to make baked goods rise without yeast. Very interesting ideas. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2013/01/secrets-of-making-wheat-free-bread-rise/

ftder
    Participant

Hi Norm,
    Sorry for the confusion, LOL, hense the perils of cutting and pasting on the internet. The Yeast-free white rice bread is a pre-made loaf that Ener-G sell. You can buy it on line at many websites. It is double wrapped with a dessicant for a 1 year shelf life. Once you open it of course, it needs to be consumed within a week or so and I think should be refridgerated. It is a convenience food for sure! But actually tastes a bit like sourdough when toasted (Must be toasted, LOL). Once slice has 15 carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 0 sugars.

Ingredients in the product are: Filtered water, white rice flour, high oleic safflour oil, leavaning, methycellulose, sodium caroxymethycelluslose, salt, orange citrus fiber.

I think all of this is to try to get at the texture of traditionally leavened bread.

ftder
    Participant

Also, Norm, thanks for that interesting post on the Wheatbelly blog! On some of the SIBO facebook groups people say they tollerate sourdough and gluten free breads just fine? I just avoid yeast breads because I try to manage my candida albicans overgrowth, hense the need to avoid yeast and fungal foods such as peanut butter.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Ah, I see. LOL. One thing that I find just a little disconcerting is the one year shelf life!
    PS: While I learned something on the site linked above, – how to get wheat-free foods to rise without yeast- I will likely search around for some other recipes after reading some of the comments on taste and the results readers achieved using the recipes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.