Skip to main content

Do you think this is LPR?

//Do you think this is LPR?
Do you think this is LPR?2014-08-09T12:24:18+00:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a bad taste in the back of my throat every morning on waking. (although if I wake in the night, it is also there). I have had it for at least 8 years. It is so bad that I have to drink something or gurgle just to ease it. Then after a few minutes, it seems to go away and it doesn’t bother me at all me during the day.

I don’t have any other symptoms of LPR – no coughing or sore throat etc so I was wondering – is there is a possibility that this is supine/nocturnal LPR?

Being on the FTD has removed my IBS symptoms but not this bad taste in my mouth. I am reluctant to go to my doctor since I am certain he will simply prescribe antacids.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Kelly
    Participant

I also have a bad taste in my mouth off & on, depending on what I eat. I also have many other symptoms of nocturnal LPR, so I think the bad taste is just one more. From what I’ve read of various illnesses/disorders, frequently you can have only a few symptoms or none at all. So I wouldn’t be surprised if you have LPR.

cmcuk
    Participant

they call LPR silent reflux – I have had many symptoms (not this one) over the years with mouth, nose and ears and think many of them are related to my LPR. sounds to me like this could well be too. The FTD takes much longer to affect LPR type symptoms and so this maybe could continue even when other stuff has subsided?

spchtch
    Participant

I just ordered the book and I’m hoping I see some relief with the FTD. I have had GERD, then a nissen surgery, then I found out that I have had LPR for so many years, hence the sinus, bronchial, hoarse voice problems. I only eat chicken, turkey, and fish, no chocolate, no tomatoes, no gassy veggies, no mint, no alcohol, no carbonated drinks, few sweets, no nuts, am lactose intolerant so no dairy and I have been on nexium 2x a day and zantag at night, sleep on a special wedge, and was following the drop Acid diet BUT what has happened is I’ve dropped 20 lbs in 5 months. Also, don’t know if it is from the new meds, but I now vascilate between very loose stools several times a day for most of the week and then some hard stools. Dr.’s have given up, so I am praying I can see some relief with this diet. Has anybody had success with this diet and LPR????

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.