Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Constipation constipation / undigested food

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My constipation has actually gotten worse with the fast tract diet.

I was going 1 time/ day, healthy, I’m around 3 times per day, and after 1 week on the diet it’s once per 2 days or less.

I have hashimotos brought on by leaky gut, and I feel a little healthier on fast tract diet, and my skin is less irritated, so there has been some improvement.

In terms of digestion though, if there is improvement it seems hard to recognize at this point, any ideas?

Are there specific microbes that are responsible for constipation? I have 0 gas and 0 burping, I almost would prefer some movement in my bowels. It feels completely shut down, even when I eat… nothing happens 🙂

Also I notice some plants, like a piece of lettuce, etc. in my stool, mostly undigested.

Because this all started suddenly a few years ago I wondered if a specific infection could be the culprit, although I haven’t had any vomiting, etc. associated.

Cheers,
    Mitch

Kelly
    Participant

In my experience, constipation is often caused by something I’m eating that doesn’t agree with me. Maybe the undigested food, or maybe a different food that’s keeping you from digesting those ones. You could try eliminating common allergens. Eating paleo has made a huge difference for me.

ftder
    Participant

It is very complex and individual. My advice would be to consult with Norm or work with a holistic doctor that deals with this all the time. When I have to, I use magnesium oxide which brings water into the colon and is not absorbed. I take it at night only, 400-800 mg.

Cashews work for me. 5-10 with each meal. A poop soup works for some but may take time: it is a soup of equal parts celery, cabbage, onion and broccoli, steamed until soft and pureed with an emersion blender and added fat such as olive oil or butter and season to taste.

Getting up an hour earlier, so that I am not rushing and can have a warm glass of water and a half a cup of coffee.

AndreaS
    Participant

Getting up an hour earlier, so that I am not rushing and can have a warm glass of water and a half a cup of coffee. —bearsmom, 2014-11-10

A big virtual hUg for this best advice ever! 😀

ftder
    Participant

Well, I followed my own advice and it sure did help! That extra hour makes a difference!

Mildred256
    Participant

Extra hour made a difference!

Judy R
    Participant

Ditto on the extra hour and warm water and in my case coffee. I also had decreased bowel movements coming on to FTD. I expected it though as we are consuming much less fiber and our guts have to get used to this. Don’t underestimate the damage that may have been done by eating excess fiber for a long time. gutsense.org explains why that can be a problem for awhile once you go down in fiber content. All of the solutions you guys have listed are great ideas. I got desperate only once after starting FTD and used a product that also draws water into the stool, Hydro-C–but that was the last time. The extra hour, water and coffee work best for me.

jppal
    Participant

Switching away from any wholegrains stopped mine very quickly.
    I removed oats or rye bread as my breakfast staples & replaced with rice krispies with some chia seeds thrown in.I also drink a mug of black coffee with good amount of double/heavy cream.
    Whilst removing wholegrains I added in some extra fruit which seems to help things move consistently.
    2 Kiwi’s a day, a third of a ripe banana 3 times a day & 2 small portions of frozen raspberries.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.