Skip to main content

Constipation Solutions and Challenges

//Constipation Solutions and Challenges
Constipation Solutions and Challenges2014-02-07T11:01:58+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Constipation Constipation Solutions and Challenges

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Wonder if anyone else has taken the products from gutsense.org. As I mentioned, I ordered the Hydro-C. I am tempted to order the whole Colon Recovery Package. I do see that one of the products has FOS in it, which isn’t supposed to be good for LPR, I don’t think. I do take a multi and a B and am now taking the Natren probiotics (thanks to bearsmom also), so not sure which of the gutsense products to get. I ordered the book by the author Konstantin and it along with the website seem fantastic and very new knowledge. Who would have thought low fiber and that you don’t need eight big glasses of water a day.

Would love to hear if anyone else has taken the products and followed Konstantin’s plan and the results.

purple ann
    Participant

I suffered with constipation for years to the extent that I ended up with an annal fissure. Having been through two pregnancies I know that this is infinitely more painful than child birth. I have tried so many different solutions and it really has taken me till now to find one that works.
    I cut out all sugary foods and stopped taking laxatives.
    Now I have introduced Chlorella into my diet and what a transformation. Apparently it works
    by enhancing the natural contractions of the intestinal walls;
    supplies cellulose, a form of undigestible fibre and it
    promotes the rapid growth of beneficial bacterior in the gut
    I really hope that this helps you as it has helped me do let me know if it helps you

purple ann
    Participant

Hiya
    I went on a 10 day transformational cleanse and that really started to shift it for me. There was so much Chlorella in the programme that my poop was green but as long as it was softly exiting I didn’t mind the colour.
    Do take a look here
    This might help too
    Another great technique is a stomach exercise recommended by Staff Naturopath Michael Wohlfeld:

Stand up straight then bend straight over and rest hands on thighs.
    Take a few deep breaths, and then exhale all air.
    Now pull in the stomach and try to have it touch the diaphragm.
    Now push back all the way out and repeat this 2-10 times or as many as you can without taking a breath.
    Repeat this entire exercise 5-10 times and this really massages the intestines increasing mobility.

fasttracklady
    Participant

Thanks very much for the suggestion about the chlorella. I have been fascinated by the website gutsense.org and just got and am reading the book, too, about not taking undigestible fiber, but apparently it worked for you, which is fantastic and I do appreciate your sharing.

Here is the link to the supplements that are recommended in gutsense.org website:

https://www.gutsense.org/store/colrectkit.html

So far I am doing much better just eliminating any undigestible fiber, like bran etc and just received the supplement, Hydro-C, which I feel very good about. Will start it this weekend. I would love to order the three other products that are recommended, however, two of them have FOS in them, so not sure and would love advice from Dr. Robillard. Apparently, FOS isn’t good for LPR?? I don’t have any other issue besides the Silent Reflux and am doing great with the FP diet, all symptoms almost completely gone. I would love to know the answer about the FOS.

Thanks very much for any advice.

fasttracklady
    Participant

Thanks also to purple ann about the stomach exercise.

Gabby F.
    Participant

A combination of things together improved my condition and normalized my bowel movement over the years. I needed patience and perseverance to reach to a more stable state. In sum, these are the following:
    – Diet:
    o I live and breathe the principles underlying the FTD diet. This means that I really watch the fermentable carbs load in my diet. Usually my diet is composed of unlimited green leafy vegetables, root vegetables, animal protein, animal fat (homemade lard, goose fat, hen fat), coconut oil, olive oil, eggs, only certain grass-fed dairy (no milk, no commercial yogurt/kefir, no commercial cottage cheese, no commercial soft cheese, yes moderate hard aged cheese, yes moderate goat feta cheese from local Greek farmer, yes homemade kefir or yogurt, yes homemade cottage cheese, butter), two fruits per day, and almost no (or very limited) starchy food (grains, alternative grains, legumes and tubers), no sweets (cookies, pastry, candies, etc, only occasional homemade almond flour based cake but very rarely). I reached to the state where I can eat vegies and fruits 80% raw, without digestive enzymes. This was a progressive evolution over couple of years. I make my food from scratch, no dine out, no take out, etc. Occasionally, yes I do go out but it is more of a social act than a norm.
    o Every day I eat homemade fermented food (kefir, yoghurt, sauerkraut and pickled veggies). Consuming fermented foods are very important (at least two time per day); it is essentially our probiotics dose – a way to connect with the true/organic/undisrupted nature.
    o I eat 3 meals per day (occasionally a snack). In the weekends I usually eat only two meals as we eat breakfast late and dinner early and I do not feel the need for 3 meals.
    o I found I need to be extremely disciplined with my dietary habits. It took me a couple of years to reach here where I am now (no symptoms if I keep this regiment)
    – Morning routine:
    o I drink two cups of water (500 ml) immediately after wakeup
    o In the morning I eat greens, root vegies (at least 15 different types of plants, including a little bit of onion and garlic) and 1/3 avocado with one egg, I grate hard aged cheese on top, anchovy/smoked herring/prosciutto (imported from Europe) and 120 ml kefir. No grains/bread/starch/etc.
    o I finish breakfast with a nice Americano coffee with homemade chocolate (coconut oil + cocoa powder + sweetener) and I am good till about 2 PM without eating anything.
    o I also take one capsule (600mg) of BodyBio – Cal-Mag Butyrate, Calcium & Magnesium in the morning and evening. I suspect perhaps I am/was low in butyrate producing bacteria; after I started taking this supplement, I noticed great improvement in my gut motility and bowels
    o I also walk to work (25 mins)
    o This whole routine allows me to have a normal bowel every day
    – I keep myself hydrated (8 cups/day)
    – Meditate, I listen to my thoughts, body, etc.
    – Mindful jogging, walk in the park/wilderness (love canoeing and camping in the wilderness)

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.