Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I don’t use these whey protein products guys, but the FPs don’t seem too high and I would likely drink it if you handed me one.

mchurch314
    Participant

BTW Jaeme…very happy to hear that you are still doing well. Noe that you have completed the Fast Track two week initial diet, what FP numbers are you going to try to stay within each day?

Jaeme
    Participant

MC- Not quite finished with week two, but staying close to what Norm has for his daily menus. Due to time constraints, or needing to use a food item before it goes bad, I have swapped a few recipes around to a different day or re-used a recipe as long as the FP numbers are similar. I have skipped most of the desserts (not because they don’t sound delish, time constraints again), but that has allowed me a few FP points elsewhere in the day (for maybe a small glass of lactose-free milk, or the nut mix instead of lower-cal snack). I have found the recipes easy, adaptable and quite tasty (thank you Norm for giving me back garlic, tomatoes, onions, peppers & spices!). Constipation has been an issue (since I switched from a very high fiber diet), but have tried to add greens to as many of the meals as possible, drink lots of water, and eating about 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pie mix) drizzled with cream and a dash of cinnamon at dinner as dessert. While pumpkin has a low FP of 2, I am guessing the puree is a bit higher due to concentration giving it a denser fiber count.

As I go forward, I plan to use and adapt many of Norm’s recipes plus adding in a new food each day or so to see how it goes. The one thing I have not added yet is any of the white bread/bagel/baguette, since I was wondering about gluten. So I am waiting until the full two weeks is up before trying that.

Since tomorrow is Mardi Gras, I am using the Shrimp Creole recipe someone posted on this site with a few tweaks for dinner. 🙂

mchurch314
    Participant

Jaeme…Norm’s Fast Track FP numbers for the first two weeks vary from day to day (any where from the high 20’s to the high 40’s). After the initial two weeks I was wondering what a good average FP number would be best. Maybe you could address that Norm.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

The lower, the better as you’re first starting out MC. Also minimizing gluten-containing foods is a good idea.

Jaeme
    Participant

Yes, I even eliminated “hidden gluten” such as found in soy sauce & oyster sauce (I just drizzled sesame oil and herbs instead). I figured best to get to the most base starting line and then add one thing at a time to see if it affects me.

I plan to reuse many of Norm’s recipes, and for the first few weeks after the two-week plan still keep the FP’s at 40 or under for a while.

Norm – what do you have your FPs at now?

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Jaeme,
    I would say, I do it on auto-pilot these days. I would imagine I’m well below 40 g FP on most days. I eat plenty of veggies and salads. Generally, I don’t eat too many starches, but tonight we just finished off lots of sushi and sticky rice.

Jaeme
    Participant

Thank you for insight Norm! Actually I have not eaten much of the rice in the recipes at all, and none of the white bread either. Was wondering if those white carbs are even necessary?

Jaeme
    Participant

Found another whey protein product called Tera’s Whey. The plain flavor is from organic grass-fed cows, and only two ingredients – whey & soy lecithin. It does come in several flavors, including blueberry (only whey, blueberry, stevia, and soy lecithin). Even comes in a goat’s mil version.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.