Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am also curious about that…. does your body assimilate this well? and what do you mix it with?

mchurch314
    Participant

JI….It’s 9 carbs per scoop.

mchurch314
    Participant

I mix it with a variety of things including combinations of Soy milk, Greek yogurt, fruits, coconut oil, ground flax seed and since I found out about (thanks to Goddessrocks), Kefir. I seem to handle this all pretty well. I used to use a tbsp of Almond butter but that seems to give me problems.

goddessrocks
    Participant

Hi MC… what’s the brand as i don’t have a sam’s club here..maybe i can order on line or find in GNC???

mchurch314
    Participant

Goddessrocks..It’s made by Muscletech and it only has 2 gm of sugar per scoop (recommended serving size). It uses Sucrolose (Splenda) as its primary sweetener. Per scoop, it has 20 gm of protein and only 1 gm of fat. Total calories are 120. It comes in two flavors (vanilla and chocolate) and cost around $35 for a 5lb bag.

goddessrocks
    Participant

Thank you so much….

JI
    Participant

I tried something new today. I mixed coconut milk with some heavy cream (for calories) along with one scoop of Target’s brand of vanilla whey protein powder in my blender. It was quite good. The Target brand has 150 calories per scoop, 8 grams of carbohydrate, and 2 grams of sugar. The sweetener is maltodextrin.

mchurch314
    Participant

JI…so all of that fat in the heavy cream doesn’t bother you, huh? I’m currently on a low fat diet until my Gastritis heals. Other than the heavy cream, it sounds great! When I make my smoothies in the morning I often put fresh frozen Papaya in it to help with digestion. Thought that I would bring this help if you wanted to try it.

JI
    Participant

mchurch, no the heavy cream does not seem to be a problem for me. The endoscopy that I had last April did not show any inflammation in my throat, esophagus, or stomach. I got the GERD diagnosis based on acid reflux symptoms. You can substitute any ingredients you like in the recipe. I boost the calories whenever I can because I have lost a few pounds since my diagnosis. I think the ladies I work with who are constantly trying to lose a few pounds secretly hate me. 🙂 I may try the papaya, thanks!

mchurch314
    Participant

I bet you’re right JI. It aggravates my wife to no end that I lose weight so easily. I told her that I would gladly trade her GI for mine anytime! 🙂 Hopefully fat wont be issue for me after my Gastritis completely heals I can tell that I can already have a little more fat with minor irritation. I am in the process of adding a little more fat as I reduce the sugars. Per Norm’s recommendation, I need to be really limiting my FP numbers by the time I start weaning off of the Nexium. That happens in about 5 weeks.

JI
    Participant

I have to correct myself on the post concerning Target (Market Pantry) whey protein powder. The sweetener is sucralose; maltodextrin is not a sweetener. I also did not mention that one scoop has 25g of protein.

Jaeme
    Participant

Found this natural whey powder sourced from grass-fed, hormone & antibiotic free cows: cold-processed whey protein, natural vanilla flavor, erythriol (which Norm says is not too bad), GMO-free IP soy lecithin, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, carrageenan, and stevia extract. 1g fat, 3g. carb, 0g fiber, 24g protein.

Any thoughts Norm?

mchurch314
    Participant

Jaeme…what is the brand? Do you have a link? BTW…Two days ago, I broke down a cheated (in a big way) for lunch. I was at Mongolian buffet and pigged out. The main course was harmless enough but then I hit the desserts (ie. sugar donuts, chocolate pudding, ice cream, cheese cake, etc.). I didn’t have large portion of any of it but I would have made a hummingbird proud. lol I won’t be doing that again anytime soon, I paid big time. I was miserable the rest of the day and most of the day yesterday. My throat was revolting in a big way. The good thing is that it is more proof to me that Fast Track diet is the real McCoy.

Jaeme
    Participant

MC – It is called Natural Whey, and I found it at Walgreens. Have not tried it yet, was wondering what Norm thinks: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/bodylogix-protein-powder-vanilla/ID=prod6185451-product

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but yes, it sure sounds like its more proof for Norm. See the post I made on the Fast Tract Q&A thread about a friend who had to follow a similar diet due to Candida/gluten, and “discovered” he didn’t need his Pepcid AC anymore – spread the word!

BTW – still doing quite well almost two weeks into this, hope you will be too 🙂

mchurch314
    Participant

Jaeme…here is the protein that I use (see link below). It is easily assessable and sold at Samsclub. It is cheaper than the brand that you indicated above and it has more servings per container (70). It also comes in Chocolate in addition to the Vanilla. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/muscletech-premium-whey-protein-chocolate-5-lbs/prod3890134.ip?navAction=

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.