Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Allergy improvements?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m wondering if anyone has seen improvements in their allergies on this diet? I have all sorts of allergies – pollen, dust, mold, ragweed, and cats. I also have LPR and asthma (but I’m not on any meds). Unfortunately for my health, I have two cats. Always have. Until recently, they’ve really only caused me a bit of stuffiness some mornings. But lately, I can’t seem to pet them or sit on the couch with them without having my chronic cough triggered. Doctors aren’t sure if my terrible cough is caused by acid reflux, asthma, allergies, or a combination. I am 36 years old; I am thin at 115 pounds; and I work out 3-4 days/week.

I switched to a Paleo diet in June 2014 and was feeling awesome for five months. Then I ate dairy, got a sinus infection, then the cough, and have been feeling like crap every since. I plan to modify my diet to FT this weekend (when I go grocery shopping). I’m hopeful yet skeptical at the same time, because I already eat this way, for the most part…the main modifications will be cutting out sweet potatoes (boo), limiting apples and pears, and adding sticky rice.

I was hoping to control all my symptoms through diet, but I’m coming to the sad conclusion that I may have to give up my cats, too. 🙁 Heartbreaking, because I’m such a cat lover and always told my husband I’ll be the crazy cat lady when we get older…and my kids adore our cats…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.