Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Laryngopharyngeal Reflux – LPR 2.5 weeks on Fast Tract diet, no relief yet…

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I haven’t been medically diagnosed with LPR but I have the daily lump in throat sensation and burping so I’m assuming I have it. About 20 days on the diet so far with a few days of improvement, but not much overall. I’ve been using the app to track diet and have kept daily FP below 20 pretty consistently.Pretty much living on diet of meat, fish, raw leafy vegetables, coffee, cherry tomatoes, olives, eggs and mushrooms with the occasional slice of cheesecake and snickers bar here and there.I’ve fasted for 24 hours several times and even fasted (no food at all) for 48 hours recently to eliminate all food to see whether symptoms would subside. Funny thing is even on those two straight fasting days, I still had lump in throat sensation, frequent burping and some gurgling. I found that odd because even in the total absence of food and thus no stomach acid production, there was still presumably acid being push up the esophagus to produce the lump in throat sensation. Not sure how that’s possible. Anyway, I’d like to continue on the diet, but I’m wondering is it worth going to see a doctor to establish whether there is some other underlying condition causing this or continue on the diet for a few more weeks and see what happens? Thanks!

patrickgreen
    Participant

Hi Micah,

While I don’t have a recommendation for you, I am in a similar situation as you. No relief after 6 days, and it seems no matter what I do I have the lump in my throat/mucus.

Actually, I do have a recommendation. Coffee tends to relax the esophageal sphincter, which will allow acid to leak up. Cutting coffee in my diet was huge for controlling my GERD. It can take a while for caffeine to work its way completely out of your system, so stay off of it for a while.

Good luck. I hope you find relief soon.

Norm Robillard
    Keymaster

Don’t give up Micah (and Patrick). It does take time. Keep the points to 20 or less, avoid the cheats and re-read the troubleshooting sections in the book and mobile app. You can use our consultation program and also check out the LPR posts on the Fast Tract Diet Official Facebook Page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.