Skip to main content

Reply To: LPR still persistent due to trigger foods and dairy items?!

///Reply To: LPR still persistent due to trigger foods and dairy items?!
Reply To: LPR still persistent due to trigger foods and dairy items?!2015-07-03T03:36:25+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Laryngopharyngeal Reflux – LPR LPR still persistent due to trigger foods and dairy items?! Reply To: LPR still persistent due to trigger foods and dairy items?!

bocote
Participant

For me it took a while for diet to kick in; its hard to remember exactly, but I think within a week I knew without a doubt things were getting better. For me I think it was the caseine in the dairy and not entirely the lactose that is the problem since cheese is the worst – particularly aged and hard varieties.

The only other changes I did are taking supplements on top of quitting dairy entirely and have not had any LPR in over a year now. I take vitamin D (20,000iu/week), magnesium (1/6 of recommended daily), and potassium (1/6 recommended daily), and occasionally a multivitamin. I think the magnesium is the most important for LPR as it helps muscles relax – perhaps the sphincter next to the stomach closes when relaxed… I’m not sure.