Skip to main content

Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn

///Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn
Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn2015-03-17T00:15:00+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Heartburn and GERD Fats causing Heartburn Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn

pix
Participant

I was starting to think I was the only one!

I make a lot of stock, because it saves money and because it tastes much better than store-bought when cooking. Every time we roast a chicken, we save the carcass and put it in the freezer, and eventually I’ll take a carcass or three and add some carrots, celery, onion, salt pepper and garlic, bring it to a boil and simmer it for 8 hours. The resulting broth tastes fantastic.

I noticed that once this winter, I drank a few mugs of this broth to stay warm, and while I greatly enjoyed it while I was drinking it, I felt awful when I tried to sleep. I thought it was a fluke and hardly remembered it until the same thing happened last night after making chicken broth and making some chicken soup out of that.

We ate dinner (chicken soup) around 8pm and went to bed at midnight. At 3:30 am, I woke up sweating, nauseous, in pain (cramps), breathing hard (breathing through the pain) and with my heart POUNDING. I was incredibly anxious as well. I propped myself up on my pillow to get a little more vertical, and then came the burping. I was burping for 45 minutes to an hour, at which point everything gradually subsided and I went back to sleep.

I still woke up a few times sweating and having nightmares. This is not common for me at all.

I googled all of my symptoms, and the only thing that came up was heart attack. Eventually I found this site.

I’m reading the responses here about histamine or SIBO… but I have to say, nothing else gives me this reaction. This is really a bone broth only problem from what I can tell, but at least I know I’m not alone here.

I think so far this has only happened with chicken stock. I also make beef stock (roasting the bones and using it for pho) and haven’t had this issue before, or at least not that I recall. Maybe I did and forgot? Either way, this is not a common occurance for me. Any ideas would be hugely welcome. This is really bugging me and I’m still feeling really off ~24 hours later.

Thank you!!!